Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
deckoff
deckoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Insert new line with regex

Well, I want to insert newline while doing replace with regular expressions and go with \n \r and \n\r, but none works. I am new to this, did some reading, but couldnt figure it out. Any helpful ideas?
deckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
In code view you can use <br /> to get a newline in book view.
If you want to replace something with a newline in code view you can copy and paste a newline from somewhere in the replace box. In book view also but it appears to ineffective.

By the way, I see that replaces are not undoable. Why is that?
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietvo View Post
A programmers best friends are SAVE and UNDO. The undo in Sigil is at present very primitive. One would hope that a multilevel undo would be implemented eventually for each individual section and a global undo for global changes.

If I am wrong about this, I'm sure that others will quickly correct me.

Sigil is still pretty good and getting better with each revision.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #4
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
They're replaceable in Code View, but not in Book View (technical restrictions).
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Talking about Undo, why can't we undo anything when in a CSS file?
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #6
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
Talking about Undo, why can't we undo anything when in a CSS file?
I can undo in CSS files just fine. Those use Code View, so it works there without any problems.

If you're seeing a bug, report it.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
deckoff
deckoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
If you want to replace something with a newline in code view you can copy and paste a newline from somewhere in the replace box. In book view also but it appears to ineffective.
I do that at the time being, but I wondered if I was doing it wrong. thanx
deckoff is offline   Reply With Quote