Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
gecorver
gecorver began at the beginning.

Device: none
E-Reader Benchmarks/Performance Tests

Hi everyone,

Are there any good online sources for e-book reader performance tests and benchmarks? I have been searching for a while and haven't been able to find sources with metrics for newer models such as the Paperwhite or Glowlight.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance
gecorver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
gecorver
gecorver began at the beginning.

Device: none
Here's an example! But I'm looking for something a lot more recent; more properties tested the better Although the latest generations' hardware specs between the big brands seem to be converging, I'd like to know if there are big performance benefits between new and older models.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/ereader-speed-tests
gecorver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
I don't think performance is an issue for any relatively current ereader. Even my old Kindle 1 performs just fine. It lets me read at the speed I want to read, and that's all that matters to me.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote