Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #91
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi Cygni View Post
I had it, at the very beginning. Exactly this picture. But now I "have" such nice hairstyle and oh so pwetty (and intellectual you see)
Like minds

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #92
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Everyone should read Cannery Row this year.
I'll take that as a strong recommendation.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #93
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Will add it to the list.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #94
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Will add it to the list.
Managed to find a new library I can join which has a large number of Steinbeck's works. Me is happy.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #95
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I checked here and no luck. They only have Mice and Men and Grapes of Wrath...
Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #96
bigbird1227
Enthusiast
bigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavensbigbird1227 is a rising star in the heavens

Device: kindle 3
My favorite reads this year were by Ben Coes. Just discovered him this year and couldn't put them down the whole series is great

Power Down, Coup D'etat and The Last Refuge

Also Loved Harlan Coben Stay Close

Still my all time favorite book is The Lion by Nelson DeMille. I was however very diappointed in his 2012 release The Panther
bigbird1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #97
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
All digital copies are checked out at both of my libraries. Now I have to read it. Hold placed.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #98
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I checked here and no luck. They only have Mice and Men and Grapes of Wrath...
Cannery Row shows up in The Short Novels of John Steinbeck as well. I'm happy to have a paper copy of that on my shelf.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #99
kennyc

Quote:
Cannery Row shows up in The Short Novels of John Steinbeck as well. I'm happy to have a paper copy of that on my shelf.
Thanks for that. Just ordered the paper version, I do not practice discrimination.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #100
kennyc

Quote:
Will be finishing it up today. What an excellent writer.

Finished. Wonderful stuff!

Last edited by kennyc; 03-10-2013 at 05:05 PM.