Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
oleg
oleg began at the beginning.

Device: astak ezReader Pocket Pro
Exclamation battery problem

Battery not charging at all.Before it happen I charge it about 7-8 hours,when I connect It with usb into computer ,I just unpug usb and then red light coming up and it turn off and now nothing charging at all.sorry for my english
oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #2
hapmas77
Connoisseur
hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hapmas77 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg View Post
Battery not charging at all.Before it happen I charge it about 7-8 hours,when I connect It with usb into computer ,I just unpug usb and then red light coming up and it turn off and now nothing charging at all.sorry for my english
Since you tried to charge via computer, it may be a bad USB cable. Replace and recharge. See what happens.
hapmas77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg View Post
I am making an assumption because you made a statement about your English skils.
Pardon.

I will assume that you do not have a USA style power source?

Computer charging is a poor power source.
Because:
Many ports are under powered. (USB hub power is a joke on most that I have seen. The transformer supplied for the hub, MUST have .5Amp times the number ports output rating, to meet USB spec on all ports. 4 ports... 2.0Amps)

Computers may power the port down if they sleep or detect no DATA use on the port.

Get a prongs adapter. The charger supplied WILL work with world wide voltages: 100 too 240 volts. It has power to spare.

2 other checks to make:
1) reseat the battery connector after inspecting the pins for lint.
2) make sure the small USB plub clicks into place. (Your computer should be able to see the device as a "Linuxstor_Gadget"
3) Initial charge may take way longer than 12 hours to reach the "remove plug symbol" (recommended you wait for best results) , but what you are experiencing is indicating NO charge.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
I agree with everything theducks said. And if that doesn't work, please email support@astak.com and I'll let them know your email is coming.

And for anyone else that might be having trouble with their device, or with reaching our support team, feel free to CC me the message you send to tech. My email address is jenifera@ezread.com
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #5
oleg
oleg began at the beginning.

Device: astak ezReader Pocket Pro
thank you for help.I talk with astak support by phone.They said it"s better send them device and battery.Maybe they can solve the problem.
oleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert