Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
millicent
millicent doesn't littermillicent doesn't littermillicent doesn't litter

Device: Kindle, iPod and iRiver Story
Hilary Mantel - Wolf Hall app

I see that you can now get Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall as an app for an iPod or the upcoming iPad.

I've downloaded the iPod version and I have to say that I like the "extras" like some video footage of Ms Mantel and David Starkey talking about Henry VIII. It has only been on sale a couple of days and is already in the top 20 best selling apps.

Millie
millicent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I'd have thought a perfect extra for Wolf Hall would have been George Cavendish's 'The Life and Death of Cardinal Wolsey', which she mentions in her note. I tracked down the online version, which is here. It would have cost them nothing to add this on to the book.

'Extras' doesn't need to mean multimedia, though the video sounds interesting.
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #3
Mark_C
Mark_C began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, PRS-505, iPhone
Currently reduced to £3.50 for a limited period. Got to be a bargain I think.
Mark_C is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hilary mantel, ipad, wolf hall