ekiom began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hi!

Hey,guys! It's such a nice place!
ekiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Welcome to MobileRead, ekiom!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
obsessed
obsessed began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi,
I came here when I was obsessed with the Kindle1, now I am obsessed with the SmartQ7. My Smart Q7 is in US customs and will arrive any day. Thank you all for your contributions and generousity with books info and a place to learn whatever will make our experience the best we can have.
Thanks again, Pattyc.
obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
Hi,
I came here when I was obsessed with the Kindle1, now I am obsessed with the SmartQ7. My Smart Q7 is in US customs and will arrive any day. Thank you all for your contributions and generousity with books info and a place to learn whatever will make our experience the best we can have.
Thanks again, Pattyc.
Welcome to MobileRead, Patty and ekiom.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ekiom and Patty and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #6
mangust
mangust began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kobo WiFi
Bought Sony PRS-505 last week while Borders was running the special, and I am enjoying it a great deal already. Mobileread was the place that cemented my decision that getting an eReader was a good move. This a fantastic community and I am looking forward to visiting it frequently.
mangust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New people, you may want to start your own "new thread" ..........that will allow you to be welcomed properly.

Heres the link..........click on "new thread", right above where it says "Threads in forum" (in blue)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Now, go forth and mulitply!
Old 06-16-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
dixiepeep
dixiepeep began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2

I am new here. First Post. I am a little lost as to where to go. I am sure I will get the hang of it.
dixiepeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:50 PM   #9
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiepeep View Post
I am new here. First Post. I am a little lost as to where to go. I am sure I will get the hang of it.
Welcome to MobileRead, dixiepeep! Are you looking for something specific? If so, just let us know and we'll point you in the right direction.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #10
dixiepeep

technology is not my friend especially today for some reason. I was looking for a certain book by m. J. Ryan called Trusting yourself but maybe it is not here. If it is I can't seem to locate it.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:57 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Dixiepeep, It is available thru Amazon.......here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/Trusting-Yours...5178568&sr=1-1

You'll find only public domain books here.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #12
dixiepeep

how do you know if a book is public domain or not?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

"Public Domain" usually means the more classic books......by the likes of Poe, Conan Doyle, take a look at our ebooks to see more authors. Here is a link to Wikipedia article. Copyright varies from country to country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

Sometimes independent authors will allow their books to be distributed freely.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
dixiepeep

okay I got you now. That makes sense. I just bought a Kindle so I am very new to all of this.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiepeep View Post
okay I got you now. That makes sense. I just bought a Kindle so I am very new to all of this.
You are in for a treat.

There are thousands of free books available, both thru here, and

www.feedbooks.com
www.manybooks.net

and other sites. Authors who have stood the test of time.

Scour the forums,and ask questions as you have them.