Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, that is true by definition, because usage limits are a form of digital rights management. If a book has no digital rights management, then by definition it has no usage limits.
Technicalities... I meant encrypted and you know it.

Only publishers who care so little about real problems like encouraging people to buy stuff, and use encryption, will also impose usage limits. Since we all know DRM encryption is , it follows that usage limits are too.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:06 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Digital rights management can take many forms. File encryption is one form; usage limits are another, watermarking a third, and so on. DRM certainly isn't synonymous with encryption, and that's a simple statement of fact, not a "technicality".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #18
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I have 8 devices registered and some items are on all devices. I suspect it depends on the ebook. Some are restricted for active ebooks and others are not. I do agree that removing DRM eliminates this issue. I've yet to get the warning that you did, but I suppose different family members download to read and delete when done. I end up with everything on mine because it automatically downloads when I buy something.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote