Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
Pher
Pher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Dumping large amounts of books and sorting?

So, I've been downloading large amounts of ebooks for a few weeks now. Just packages of hundreds to thousands of books.
I tried putting them in calibre, but I got repeats due to the fact that I had copies of the same book. So I was wondering, how I could just dump thousands of ebooks into calibre and have it sort them, with no repeats or anything. Is that possible?
Pher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Forgive me for being curious but how will you find time to read all those books?
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
That is not possible. Duplicates can be different books but have incorrect metadata. "Unknown" for instance. Also, if the books are the same format which should calibre use. The only way to tell which one is the better version is to look at them and vsiually compare.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #4
Pher

Is there a way to get rid of content without messing up calibre?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Pher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Forgive me for being curious but how will you find time to read all those books?
That's just how they came, it'll also save me the trouble of trying to find them later.
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 01:43 AM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Torrents.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
GIGO on a Silver Platter :^)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
managing, sorting