Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #16
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I'm sorry but by the time I reached "Hey, neat! This is starting to make sense!
", I was so confused, my eyes were crossing and glazing over and I had the starts of a headache. Seriously, it may make sense to you but it won't to everyone (especially me; having ADD, I had serious trouble trying to stay focussed on it).
You don't have to go through it all at once. If you'd like to make suggestions for improvement, though, I'd be happy to hear them.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #17
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
If you'd like to make suggestions for improvement, though, I'd be happy to hear them.
That reminds me of when I struggled with math classes in school. Teachers would get on my case for not asking questions and I couldn't get across to them I didn't understand enough to know what questions to ask.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #18
Archon
Zealot
Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Mac OSX, iPad, iPod, & Nook
Learning Regular Expressions is like learning another language.

I have found learning it is easier if you go step by step.

The best way is to read a few explanations and choose the one that seems to be most understandable to your.

The easiest one I found was the manual for TextWrangler. Chapter 8 explains writing search and replacement expressions. (you don't have to have TextWrangler to get something from this part of the manual).

You can download the manual here:
http://pine.barebones.com/manual/Tex...ser_Manual.pdf

Rock on.
Archon
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote