Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
thehomer
thehomer began at the beginning.

Device: k3g
Smile how to tethering the kindle 3 ?

i got my k3g 3.0.2 now
i know must install kindle--jailbreak 0.4n first
but i don,t know how to install usbnetwork how about the screensavers and fonts ? do i need to install these?

can i tethering the kindle3 on windows 7 or must in linux? configure ip ssh or telnet

can you give me more informations of each step please

thanks a million
thehomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
NOOOOO!!! Tethering to the Kindle could cause us all to lose our 3G access (if it is even possible). Amazon is paying the 3G bill and if Kindle owners start to abuse the access, we could all lose in the end.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Amazon has your credit card. If you start overusing the Internet, they can charge you or ban you. It's not worth it.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:22 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's amazingly selfish even to ask the question. Doing so could result in EVERYBODY losing Internet access. Please be more considerate.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:28 AM   #5
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Guys, I think you need to chill out. They won't take all of our internet accesses away. Sure, this guy is a jerk, but there's nothing to panic about. If he ever gets this to work, once Amazon notices this, they will permanently blacklist his Kindle (and he will hopefully learn his lesson)

But anyways, just please don't try to abuse your free internet access.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:35 AM   #6
dogsballs
Zealot
dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony psr-505
its a very interesting question non the less. you can buy a kindle with cash from certain stores so amazon wouldnt necessarily have your credit card details and i wouldnt be to sure amazon has a system set up to scan and ban users just at the moment.

I think if it can be done then it will be done and it may have already been done hence the original posters question but the big question would be how fast any "free" internet use would be. i think it would be pretty slow and almost useless except for buying books and looking at email which is already free
dogsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kranu View Post
Guys, I think you need to chill out.
I put a smiley face on my post, how much more "chilled out" could/should I be?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #8
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsballs View Post
its a very interesting question non the less. you can buy a kindle with cash from certain stores so amazon wouldnt necessarily have your credit card details and i wouldnt be to sure amazon has a system set up to scan and ban users just at the moment.

I think if it can be done then it will be done and it may have already been done hence the original posters question but the big question would be how fast any "free" internet use would be. i think it would be pretty slow and almost useless except for buying books and looking at email which is already free
It has been done. I've seen it on google before (long time ago, probelty fixed). I remember reading that all requests must go through amazon. The kindle web browser uses a proxy (fints-g2g.amazon.com or something like that). In addition all http requests must include your kindle unique Id base 64 encoded. So even if you were to find that id (it's generated from your certificates and not found anywhere), know that all amazon has to do is either 1) turn off the proxy server, or 2) delete your unique id from their servers. The speed would be the same speed as your kindle web browser or any AT&T phone accessing amazon.com (aka slow). It would be a great pain to set up and very easy for amazon to stop. You may get one or two days of free Internet, then a $189 brick. Hopefully this stops any more questions on this matter, as I'm telling you logically why you shouldn't attempt to tether and not just yell "NOOOO!"
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote