Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
kloewen
kloewen began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Error msg "Warning - failed to read metadata"

Calibre 7.1 has repeatedly given me the following error message when I attempt to load four .AZW files I downloaded from Amazon.com to my Kindle. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

WARNING: Failed to read metadata: Failed to read metadata from the following:

A-Knife-Edge.azw
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\add.py", line 114, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\add.py", line 203, in add
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1313, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 449, in has_book
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 184, in run
DatabaseException: disk I/O error
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 148, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 88, in get
OperationalError: disk I/O error
kloewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Those are operating system supplied errors. Is your disc full, by any chance? Or is it in the process of failing?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a disk error indicating calibre could read from disk. I suggest running a disk scan and or disabling your antivirus program (some of the more asinine ones tend to prevent calibre from reading from its files).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
7.1, calibre, metadata, warning