Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #151
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Received mine yesterday - thanks again to Directebooks and MobileRead for a wonderful contest!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #152
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I have received mine as well! Now, what to buy...
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 09:04 AM   #153
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I have received mine as well! Now, what to buy...
I'm going to get this one:

The American Evasion of Philosophy: A Genealogy of Pragmatism
by Cornel West
PDF $9.99

I haven't decided on what else to buy yet. Cornel West has a very engaging writing style.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #154
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I'm looking at:

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Unleashed
It's $47.99, but with my first time buyers discount and the $20 voucher, it is pretty reasonable.

The only thing holding me back is that I've not had a tech book in e-format before and I'm not sure how it will work as a reference that way.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #155
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct Ebooks View Post
You should be so lucky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
You mean yes ?!
He means they already sent me the extras
Advert
Old 06-02-2010, 12:27 PM   #156
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
pppffft ....!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #157
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
He means they already sent me the extras
Like glue?
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #158
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I have my voucher

Thank you!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #159
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I have my voucher

Thank you!
and !
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #160
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bought three books, but couldn't download one because of geographical restrictions. I also downloaded some freebies from the site.

Downloads:
The American Evasion of Philosophy by Cornel West
The Cosmic Perspective and Other Black Comedies by Brian Stableford

Freebies:
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (short story) by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Emma by Jane Austen
Hard Times by Charles Dickens
Peter Pan by JM Barrie

The one I couldn't download because of geographical restrictions:
Murder, She Wrote: Panning For Murder "by Jessica Fletcher" (sure it is!).
Old 06-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #161
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

The one I couldn't download because of geographical restrictions:
Murder, She Wrote: Panning For Murder "by Jessica Fletcher" (sure it is!).
I'll look into that straight away for you. Feel free to email me direct if there are any issues in future - that way I'll get them resolved faster.

gcuddy@directebooks.com

Gareth
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #162
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct Ebooks View Post
I'll look into that straight away for you. Feel free to email me direct if there are any issues in future - that way I'll get them resolved faster.

gcuddy@directebooks.com

Gareth
Thanks!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #163
dsvick
Wizard

Thanks

I just wanted to publicly say thanks to Gareth and directebooks, personally for my $20 prize and in general for supporting the contest and the site. Thanks for the quick replies to my emails and the great service!!

I've already made my purchase, downloaded the book, removed the DRM, imported it into Calibre, and loaded it onto my reader.

Thanks again to Alex and everyone that helped in making the contest so fun.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM   #164
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #165
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
It has arrived !!!!

My Pocketbook 302 - black - instructions in German (runs off to Pocketbook forum for some words in English) - 2 pin plug (whoops!) - and the smallest of small storage cards I've ever seen !

Many thanks to you all, especially Pshrynk for dying so well; Rock Lobster for bringing him back to life and giving us all a hard time with the many herrings.
Many thanks to MR for all it brings to our lives, especial thanks to Alex for making it all possible - and to the moderators for keeping us in line (mostly).

But we all knew that anyway !!!! .......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote