Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
jquest
jquest began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy getting lots of unhanded exceptions at startup

Hi,

I had installed calibre, set up my library path, etc. and added a bunch of books to the library. (Ubuntu 9.04)

Then for various unrelated reasons I had to uninstall everything, and had to delete the directory where my metadata db was kept - and now after I reinstalled when I start up I get hundreds of this error:

u'pubdate'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/calibre/gui2/library.py", line 554, in headerData
return QVariant(self.headers[self.column_map[section]])
KeyError: u'pubdate'

and the cpu is maxed out.

What didn't get cleaned up correctly?

Ned
jquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have some sort of conflict caused by two differing versions of calibre installed. One from 0.5 series and one from 0.6 series
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
jquest

OK,

Any clue of what to do to clean it up?
Old 07-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Delete the folder /opt/calibre and /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/calibre

These folders may be different on your system. Use locate to find them
Old 07-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
jquest

k, tried that, reinstalled the new calibre, still getting the same error.

must be something else hanging around still.
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

locate database2
Old 07-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #7
jquest

Here's what I know at this point.

I uninstalled the ubuntu release packages, and tried installing the 'unsupported' way - then it all started working.

So I gather that there's something going on in the ubuntu 9.04 package that is installing something bad, while the contents of the unsupported package is ok.

Anyway, thanks for the help - I think I'm back up and running again with your great product!

Cheers,

Ned