Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #61
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Therefore, if I want to be reasonably "fw update proof" I HAVE to install RP, but I am not forced to install usbnet. Okay, great, thank you.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:04 AM   #62
spinda
spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.spinda knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle PW1/2/3/4/5, KV, KT2, K2
Has anyone tried this on 5.6.1 yet?
spinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2014, 04:06 AM   #63
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
I believe pgaworth did, 'cause he installed while he was on JB 1.12
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #64
awh_tokyo
Enthusiast
awh_tokyo began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work on the Voyage? Right now it won't install but I assume that's because it was packaged before the Voyage came out. I assume that I can force it to install through some incantation of kindletool through ssh?
awh_tokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:29 PM   #65
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by awh_tokyo View Post
Is there any reason why this wouldn't work on the Voyage? Right now it won't install but I assume that's because it was packaged before the Voyage came out. I assume that I can force it to install through some incantation of kindletool through ssh?
Is your device jail broken ?
Do you have KUAL installed ?
Do you have the MobileRead Package Installer, KUAL extension installed?
Are you using the version of this package from NiLuJe's snapshots thread?
Are you using MrPi to attempt to install this package?

Sorry, we do not accept "no" as an answer to any of the above questions.
Let us know if you still have problems once you can answer 'yes' to all of the above questions.

The above are the general requirements for any device running the 5.6.x firmware series.
(Unless KUAL will not run on some of the device/5.6.x-version combinations.)

Quote:
I assume that I can force it to install through some incantation of kindletool through ssh?
No. Kindletool is not for installing packages.
The KindleTool is for creating and pack/un-packing the update_*.bin packages.

Last edited by knc1; 07-04-2015 at 01:40 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #66
awh_tokyo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Is your device jail broken ?
Do you have KUAL installed ?
Do you have the MobileRead Package Installer, KUAL extension installed?
Are you using the version of this package from NiLuJe's snapshots thread?
Are you using MrPi to attempt to install this package?
Yes for all of the above. The MrPi logs say "Package 'Update_rp_20131220.N_install.bin' (rp 20131220.N I) is not targeting your device, skipping . . . "

The output of kindletool convert -i Update_rp_20131220.N_install.bin lists a bunch of models, but no Voyage.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:18 PM   #67
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Yes for all of the above. The MrPi logs say "Package 'Update_rp_20131220.N_install.bin' (rp 20131220.N I) is not targeting your device, skipping . . . "

The output of kindletool convert -i Update_rp_20131220.N_install.bin lists a bunch of models, but no Voyage.
Sounds like you will have to repackage it.
AND you will have to use the KindleTool from NiLuJe's snapshot thread.

Ah, unless you have a Voyage model not (yet) supported.
Check the first four of your serial number against this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Which also lists the release of KindleTool that support was added.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:51 AM   #68
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Updated post #13 with a rebuilt package supporting all kindle5 devices as per the latest git snapshot of kindletool.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:56 AM   #69
awh_tokyo
Enthusiast

Thanks! That installed without a problem.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #70
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
There are also RP & CRP builds available in the snapshots thread that should handle all current devices fine .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:29 PM   #71
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, cool. Didn't realize you had that in the snapshots too.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:26 AM   #72
awh_tokyo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
There are also RP & CRP builds available in the snapshots thread that should handle all current devices fine .
Well, at least the one that I downloaded yesterday wouldn't install on a Voyage.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:42 PM   #73
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@awh_tokyo: Downloaded from where? :]
Old 07-06-2015, 09:25 PM   #74
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

@NiLuJe,

Code:
[eschwartz@arch /tmp]$ wget https://storage.sbg-1.runabove.io/v1/AUTH_38c8efe0a22243d0be9bf697b4d52111/mr-public/Touch/kindle-rp-20131220.N-r12019.tar.xz
[eschwartz@arch /tmp]$ tar xvf kindle-rp-20131220.N-r12019.tar.xz 
[eschwartz@arch /tmp]$ kindletool convert -i RescuePack/Update_rp_20131220.N_install.bin 
Checking update package 'RescuePack/Update_rp_20131220.N_install.bin'.
Bundle         SP01 (Signing Envelope)
Cert number    0
Cert file      pubdevkey01.pem (Developer)
Bundle         FD04 (Versionless [vls])
Bundle Type    OTA V2
Minimum OTA    0
Target OTA     18446744073709551615
Devices        20
Device         Kindle 5 Touch Wifi
Device         Kindle 5 Touch Wifi+3G
Device         Kindle 5 Touch Wifi+3G Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite Wifi
Device         Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G
Device         Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Canada
Device         Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Japan
Device         Kindle PaperWhite Wifi+3G Brazil
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi Japan
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi+3G
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi+3G Canada
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi+3G Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi+3G Russia
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi+3G Japan
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi (4GB) International
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi+3G (4GB) Europe
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi+3G (4GB)
Device         Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) Wifi+3G (4GB) Canada
Critical       0
Padding Byte   0 (0x00)
MD5 Hash       e95ba252f446f774679b59053c3b531b
Metadata       0
Sorry, no Voyage there.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:52 PM   #75
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@eschwartz:

Oh, right. Now that I think about it, I must have explicitly dropped Voyage support from there since no-one had any idea if diags behaved even remotely in the same way as on earlier devices .