Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
to root or not...

NookColor...

What are the drawbacks to rooting (minus the warranty issue and the possibility of bricking it)?

So far, I see only that I cannot purchase books directly from the device. Is that true? In that case, I could purchase them on the web and then will they download to the device or would I have to copy them over manually?

Why would I have to have a gmail account for the process?

Thanks,
John
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_es View Post
NookColor...

What are the drawbacks to rooting (minus the warranty issue and the possibility of bricking it)?

So far, I see only that I cannot purchase books directly from the device. Is that true? In that case, I could purchase them on the web and then will they download to the device or would I have to copy them over manually?

Why would I have to have a gmail account for the process?

Thanks,
John
We have threads in progress on this topic.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112175

Last edited by SCION; 12-25-2010 at 02:20 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert