Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
ChildofCthulhu
ChildofCthulhu began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Question Converted ebooks always default to page 1 of 1

This has happened in books converted from txt, pdb and mobi to epub.

When you see it up in the library screen of the Nook, it says there is only 1 page in the book. When you open it, you can page through as normal, so the content is complete. If you shut the Nook down and power it back up the next day, the ebook opens back up to page 1 of 1 and you have to find your place again.

Is there a way to fix this without reconverting or is there a setting that I'm mis-setting in conversions that causes this?

I've converted other books in the same original formats that work just fine and don't have this problem.

Otherwise, I just have to say, Calibre is the height of awesomeness.

p.s.
I apologize if this is tackled in another thread. I searched through several search results and couldn't find anything similar.

Thanx!
ChildofCthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like there's something in the markup of those books the nook cannot handle. The most likely culprit is the use of tables for layout. Try using the linearize tables conversion option in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
In a Sony Reader, this behavior is caused by the entire book being one file, instead of being broken into sections smaller than 250k or so. You might check to make sure the preferences are set to create the smaller sections.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote