Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #16
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
I just looked with my JBC under the microscope, and it shows patterns like this:
RBGWRBGW
GWRBGWRB
RBGWRBGW
GWRBGWRB

In other words the pixels are oriented diagonal, not horizontal or vertical.
Doing the pixels this way assures for the widest spread of color pixels (eg focus on blue and you'll see they are connected like a spider web, and so are all the other colors).
eg:
blue pixels compared to the others:
B---B
--B--
B---B

This assures best spread of colors, and the least rasterization like you sometimes can see on an old CRT TV. It's a well thought out balance between the JBC's superior Black and white resolution, vs color resolution!

When I was looking at the screen under the microscope, it looked like the screen was full of small drops! I thought it was sweat from my hands, but seemingly I was wrong!
Those drops are actually plastic fog they melt on the screen as a surface treatment to make the device have less glare!

Last edited by ProDigit; 03-21-2012 at 04:59 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #17
mod186k1
Addict
mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mod186k1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad, PRS-T3, Kobo GLO HD, Paperwhite 2, PB Ultra, Ony Boox Max
And it is for this reason that the best way to see on Triton screen is at 30cm of distance, so the screen appears almost homogenous
mod186k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #18
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I just looked with my JBC under the microscope, and it shows patterns like this:
RBGWRBGW
are you saying your display looks different than the picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
When I was looking at the screen under the microscope, it looked like the screen was full of small drops! I thought it was sweat from my hands, but seemingly I was wrong!
Those drops are actually plastic fog they melt on the screen as a surface treatment to make the device have less glare!

the "small drops' you are talking about are the same or different than the ones that can be seen above?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:57 AM   #19
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Nah, it's the same screen, the RBGW in your photo's are aligned vertically instead of horizontally.

The drops are different,almost looking like waterdrops on a glass window, with a 40-100x magnification. For the normal eye, the 'water drops' make up the surface roughness; that what makes shiny into matte.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
ahh yes. i understand now what you were saying. one pixel here though is

R,G
B,W

in a square
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #21
mac
Enthusiast
mac began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Why RGB filter? Maybe a CMY is better or not?
mac is offline   Reply With Quote