Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-10-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
Lusitanic
Leader
Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, One Plus 5
Last book you got?

Just got this book, "Little Brother"!
I seriously have a thing for dystopian fiction. (makes me think the most)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...Little_Brother
Lusitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #2
zerofatzreturns
zerofatzreturns began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Launch! by Jeff Walker. It's awesome so far. It's not fiction though. It's about internet marketing and how to launch a product. Really cool stuff. If you cannot afford the 1,000 dollar coaching program, it's pretty cool.

Kam
[Promotional link/text deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-10-2014 at 09:47 PM.
zerofatzreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2014, 09:45 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the READING RECOMMENDATIONS forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #4
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The last I bought was Thrill Ride mentioned here. But that was more because they sounded mildly interesting and you can't go wrong at 0.99$

The last I bought because I was really interested in the book(s) is the Magnificent Devices: Books 1-4 Omnibus. The first, Lady of Devices, is free at Amazon and a good steampunk novel about a young lady of blood interested in the unladylike pursuit of the sciences in Victorian Britain.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:01 PM   #5
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Wil Weaton - Memories of the Future vol. 1

It's basically Wil reminiscing about his role as Wesley Crusher on the first twelve episodes of season one of TNG. Hilarious and insightful.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #6
paindaisy
paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paindaisy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Twice the Growl by Milly Taiden
Fun, sexy story and I highly recommend it to anyone that is willing to open their mind a little and enjoy a great story.
paindaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #7
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Last book I got or last book that I got for myself?

Last book I bought was this one last night:

Kylie Jean Rodeo Queen by Marci Peschke

Still searching for the book that will get my daughter interested in reading. I meant to order this as a paper book, but decided it might be fun to try the electronic version on my iPad first and see if she liked it.

She seems to like it and I hope she finished it. I've bought many books that she seemed to like at first but didn't read to the end.

The last book I purchased for myself was a NOOK Daily Deal:

Laced by Carol Higgins Clark

I used to collect her books in my Mystery Guild book club days; I had forgotten all about her and never looked for her ebooks! I don't read her mother's book (Mary Higgins Clark; they are too dark for me) but I enjoy (and used to reread) these books quite a lot.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #8
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
The last book I got was an Amazon Aus freebie:

Gallipoli 1915
Tim Travers

I'm doing a reading project on WWI so I've added it to the ever increasing TBR list!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:42 PM   #9
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Recursion by Tony Ballantyne.

He takes the reader on a crazy sci fi journey and manages to tie together three wildly different stories. Recommended!
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
The last I bought was Thrill Ride mentioned here. But that was more because they sounded mildly interesting and you can't go wrong at 0.99$

The last I bought because I was really interested in the book(s) is the Magnificent Devices: Books 1-4 Omnibus. The first, Lady of Devices, is free at Amazon and a good steampunk novel about a young lady of blood interested in the unladylike pursuit of the sciences in Victorian Britain.
How is Thrill Ride? I haven't gotten round to reading any of the stories yet.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:52 PM   #11
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Echopraxia by Peter Watts. A very good hard scifi story.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:48 AM   #12
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Last paper book I got was a present for someone. Beautiful Gollancz hardcover of Good Omens.
Spoiler:

Last book I got for myself is an ebook. I don't buy paperbooks so much for myself.
I got Under the Dome by Stephen King.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:41 AM   #13
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
Last paper book I got was a present for someone. Beautiful Gollancz hardcover of Good Omens.
Spoiler:

Last book I got for myself is an ebook. I don't buy paperbooks so much for myself.
I got Under the Dome by Stephen King.
You know I understand he didn't even know about the Simpson's movie til after he wrote the book.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #14
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
You know I understand he didn't even know about the Simpson's movie til after he wrote the book.
Yup. He started writing that book in the 70s. But the Simpsons beat him to it

Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #15
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. I need something new to read because I just finished it.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote