Old 07-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
asdx
Enthusiast
asdx began at the beginning.

Device: astak pocket pro
battery problem

hi i m new user from india
i bought my sony prs 505in nov 2008
since then chargeing it with the usb till feb the battery life was good then i started charging it with a local wall charger its details are-

CC-CV CHARGER( CONSTANT CURRENT - CONSTANT VOLTAGE CHARGER)
INPUT- 100-300~47/53Hz
OUTPUT- 5.0VDC-1.0A CC/CV

Since then battery performance has decreased gradually,
now it gives hardly 500 pages turns, n gets drained if idle for 2 days.

is the problem with the charger or the battery needs to be changed.

i have this option of battery
NOKIA BL-5CA, Li-ion BATTERY, 700mAh, 3.7 V

WITH CHARGER

NOKIA AC-3E,
INPUT-AC 100-240V/ 50-60Hz/65mA
OUTPUT- DC 5V/350mA

IF NOT then please suggest any good battery and charger but it should be nokia as i ve opened the case and i am sure any nokia phone battery will fit in it.

IMP- FROM THE BATTERY THERE ARE ONLY TWO WIRES GOING INTO THE UNIT (black and red) but in nokia phone battery there are three connections

please help
asdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Might be a problem with your AC-3E charger. It says it is an intelligent charger and shuts itself off. The Sony 505 doesn't need or want that. The recommended PSP (Playstation Portable) chargers are 'dumb' and feed current for as long as the reader demands it. The reader is smart and shuts off its own charging (you will see the red charging LED go out).
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
Weird , the orginal poster states his battery was doing GREAT using the usb cable until feb , THEN HE SWITCHED to AC charger , and he developed problems with battery. Duh! Am I missing something. Maybe he should go back to the usb charger if it worked for him. Maybe the AC is screwing up his battery.
Now if you tell us you went back to charging with usb and it still doesn't work right, then yeah maybe that "AC charger you were using ruined your battery. Trouble shooting , 101, see if it's the AC charger, or the ereader battery, by going back to what worked for you in the past. Is it that you can't use USB anymore? Get a PSP battery charger if you want to go by AC.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It could be that when the intelligent charger shuts down, the 505 is sending current fromt he battery back to the charger. I have seen this happen with my 505 once when I left it plugged into the USB after I told the computer to disconnect it.

Try charging your 505 via USB again just to make sure it really is your AC adapter. But if you find out you really do need a new battery, go here and get one.

http://www.batteryship.com/htmlos/ht...item=LIS1382-J
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote