Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #451
term1nat0r
term1nat0r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 SO
Im looking for it now. But hasn't found yet I'm flooded with emotions
term1nat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #452
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=682

and surrounding stuffs

I have never done this. and am not even 100% sure that is what you want - but looks likely
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 03:59 AM   #453
Wibber
Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: kindle K3G
Well after charging my kindle for two days it still wouldn't get through a flash so I figured it wasn't charging properly.

I finally borrowed an identical demo kindle off a work mate yesterday (our store ended up with two but his was stuck in a container while his house was being rebuilt after our recentish earthquake).

After spending an hour slowly removing the VHB adhesive Amazon had kindly placed between the cover and battery out (presumably to stop me getting into it ) and putting his fully charged battery in mine it ran though a full flash.

Sadly it still wasn't booting, and figuring I may have been caught out by ATK overwriting the destination address with 0's when changing the flash model setting, I tried flashing the partition table and it now boots....
Well sort of....

It gets halfway through boot and stops at about 50%.
After half a dozen tries it brings up the repair me message :/

Any ideas? I've downloaded the images again and will try reflashing it after I finish my colleagues unit.

How would I go about finding out my S/N? this unit is a demo and has never been registered.
Can I use the MAC off any old network card?

Cheers for you help guys, I've had a lot of heady reading but feel like I'm making progress!
Wibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #454
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibber View Post
Well after charging my kindle for two days it still wouldn't get through a flash so I figured it wasn't charging properly.

I finally borrowed an identical demo kindle off a work mate yesterday (our store ended up with two but his was stuck in a container while his house was being rebuilt after our recentish earthquake).

After spending an hour slowly removing the VHB adhesive Amazon had kindly placed between the cover and battery out (presumably to stop me getting into it ) and putting his fully charged battery in mine it ran though a full flash.

Sadly it still wasn't booting, and figuring I may have been caught out by ATK overwriting the destination address with 0's when changing the flash model setting, I tried flashing the partition table and it now boots....
Well sort of....

It gets halfway through boot and stops at about 50%.
After half a dozen tries it brings up the repair me message :/

Any ideas? I've downloaded the images again and will try reflashing it after I finish my colleagues unit.

How would I go about finding out my S/N? this unit is a demo and has never been registered.
Can I use the MAC off any old network card?

Cheers for you help guys, I've had a lot of heady reading but feel like I'm making progress!
sudo flashboot getvar mac
sudo flashboot getvar serial

Quote:
variables:
version-bootloader (read only) version string for the
bootloader
version (read only) version of fastboot
protocol supported
product (read only) name of the product
serialno (read only) fastboot serial number
secure (read only) if "yes" boot images
must be signed
serial (read write) serial number
accel (read write) accelerometer
calibration data
mac (read write) MAC address
sec (read write) manufacturing code
pcbsn (read write) PCB serial number
bootmode (read write) diags, fastboot,
factory, reset, or main (default)
postmode (read write) slow, factory, or
normal (default)
is this a kindle touch?
Old 02-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #455
Wibber
Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Wibber is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
is this a kindle touch?
Kindle Keyboard, I'm flashing with ATK but can find A live CD if needed.

The second kindle reflash went off without a hitch.
I'm trying to reflash the first kindle again now that I have flashed the boot loader (just in case!)

Edit: After reflashing again same problem. I have an identical working kindle so if I can find the SN and MAC and I make an image of one to copy to the other yes?

Last edited by Wibber; 02-11-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #456
twobob

ah. I use k3flasher I would not know sorry
Old 02-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #457
Wibber

yeah I figured I'd have to use K3flasher as ATk doesn't seem to have the ability to download an image
Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #458
twobob

I honestly dont know. k3flasher works for all of my needs and is simple to use.

I have never needed atk. (I was fortunate enough to be able to "play" with it, not "need" it") In my mind atk is a large general purpose hammer dating from the days before better tools whereas k3flasher is a modern custom built scalpel that perfectly does the job I need.

The brief encounter I had with atk months ago was a lot less edifying than the many happy and short experiences I have had with k3flasher.

I suppose it depends what you are trying to get done. atk can do most things when instructed IIRC. k3flasher with its swanky new nbd modes and device information tools more than has the bells and whistles one might need for most situations.

Horses for courses.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #459
term1nat0r

Hello!
I try to up SSH as geekmaster said here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=235
But it seems that usbnetwork not starting. Kindle always defined as a storage device. No reboot, no rename "DISABLED_auto", no starting usbnetwork like:
;debugOn
~usbNetwork
;debugOff
dont work

Maybe someone will share his mmcblk0.img (with changed S/N and MAC by XXXXX) so I just change them on my and flash my Kindle? I think it will be easier. But I could not find mmcblk0.img in Internet
Old 02-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #460
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by term1nat0r View Post
Hello!
I try to up SSH as geekmaster said here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=235
But it seems that usbnetwork not starting. Kindle always defined as a storage device. No reboot, no rename "DISABLED_auto", no starting usbnetwork like:
;debugOn
~usbNetwork
;debugOff
dont work

Maybe someone will share his mmcblk0.img (with changed S/N and MAC by XXXXX) so I just change them on my and flash my Kindle? I think it will be easier. But I could not find mmcblk0.img in Internet
Try finding it in the De-Bricking sticky at top of forum.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #461
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by term1nat0r View Post
Usbnetworking stuff
Hi, I am unclear. usbnetworking has nothing to do with flashing anything.

Are you simply trying to make usbnetworking "work"?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #462
term1nat0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Hi, I am unclear. usbnetworking has nothing to do with flashing anything.

Are you simply trying to make usbnetworking "work"?
Somewhere in this forum (I can now find a link) seen as able to register in the config files MAC address. Just trying to get at least some progress
Old 02-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #463
twobob

Hmm... Your post wont be read on here by those likely to help.

the usbnetworking thread would be the place for that. MUCH more likely to get help there.

you say "it doesnt work"

have you run nmap or some other portscanner against it. to check it really is networked correctly. and where you think it is.

I spent 10 mins this morning swearing trying to login to a kindle only to realise after much head scratching and swearing that to root password it was asking for was failing because I had foolishly pointed the IP at my own PC.

So yeah. everyone makes mistakes. you say it "Never Worked", sounds like a config error to me. not to point finger but the app is pretty damn solid.

you CERTAIN it's setup right?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #464
term1nat0r

I can not be sure of what I never had 100% results But I do not see what I could be mistaken here. I wrote in the config ip address of kindle - 192.168.0.20 and ip address of PC - 192.168.0.1. I went into debug mode, start usbnetwork (as I understand it, if there was something wrong before that, I'll had not seen ~ usbnetwork command in the command list when I type ~ help). Then connect Kindle to my pc and it still works as a mass storage device.

Yes, i have run network scaner but in results i saw only my PC address...

But do not pay attention. I think the problem is in erased data ... Seeking a dump
Thank you for caring
Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #465
term1nat0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Try finding it in the De-Bricking sticky at top of forum.
Unfortunately, I did not find it there
Some people describe the same problem. Find another Kindle and recovered from it. But the dump from working Kindla not spread...
And I have no possibility to get another Kindle

Tags
debrick, debricking, howto, kindle 3