Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Apple Said to Prepare ITunes Changes

According to Bloomberg, Apple is getting ready to make major changes in iTunes.

Quote:
Apple will unveil the changes by year’s end, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the plans aren’t public. The company will more closely integrate its iCloud file- storage service with iTunes so users can more seamlessly access and manage their music, videos and downloaded software apps across different Apple gadgets, the people said. Apple also plans new features for sharing music, the people said.
LINK

There will be seperate apps for featurees such as Podcasts, more social /sharing features, more ICloud, ICloud, ICloud. No music streaming service, though. Sounds good?
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I'm already using the Podcast app. So far, so good.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
KindleChickie
Connoisseur
KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KindleChickie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DX, iPad 2, Kindle 3, Nook simple touch
I would like to see changes in how it sees different devices. If I have a desktop and a laptop, it is two separate libraries. Every time I think go getting a laptop, I remember what a hassle iTunes and MobileMe mail were.
KindleChickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Apple needs to introduce their Store to Singapore first.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
According to Bloomberg, Apple is getting ready to make major changes in iTunes.

LINK

There will be seperate apps for featurees such as Podcasts, more social /sharing features, more ICloud, ICloud, ICloud. No music streaming service, though. Sounds good?
That doesn't sound like a major change. iTunes is already integrated with iCloud and you can already access your music, movies and such from any Apple device via iCloud. What I would like to see is better integration between apps and iTunes. If I listen to a audiobook via the Audible app, it updates the play information in iTunes. It also can access audiobooks that you download via iTunes rather than just one that you download in the audible app. I would like that level of integration for all third party apps.

For example, it would be nice if you could sync books like audiobooks. That way, I would know which books I haven't read and which books I have read and when I last read it. For that matter, it would be nice if the Apple (and Amazon for that matter) published the URL they use to download a PDF or epub book via safari and open it with iBooks.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
LisaPT
LisaPT began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader PRS-600
I just want to access books I buy from the iBookstore on my computer.
LisaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:15 AM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPT View Post
I just want to access books I buy from the iBookstore on my computer.
Great idea, I agree. iTunes is a behemoth and eats lots of resources. I would hate to have to start the full iTunes in order to read on my computer. I don't like having to start it to do transfers either so I tend to email or use a cloud service. I would hope it is more modularized and offers a reading app for pc and mac.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #8
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Great idea, I agree. iTunes is a behemoth and eats lots of resources. I would hate to have to start the full iTunes in order to read on my computer. I don't like having to start it to do transfers either so I tend to email or use a cloud service. I would hope it is more modularized and offers a reading app for pc and mac.
Then what they need to do is to simply make the iTunes app eat less resources. Optimize it. I am tired of it making my computer hiccup sometimes
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote