Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
kenm
Enthusiast
kenm doesn't litterkenm doesn't litterkenm doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500, iPod Touch, Nook Color, Acer Iconia Tab A500
eReader/Fictionwise app on rooted NC

This program seems to be working fine on my rooted NC. I had to use Astro File Manager to install the apk. I could not find the app in the market.

This works great if you're like I am and too lazy to strip the DRM off the pdb files.

The apk file can be found at www.ereader.com/android
kenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Thank you. I added a link to your post in the "Sucessful Apps on rooted NC" thread. Hopefully we'll get a sticky made out of that one and a couple of others.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
Wow thanks for the tip! I actually have quite a few books from fictionwise that work fine on my regular Book, but i'm too lazy to convert them to the NC.

I'm in Astro File Manager now though and i don't see where you can download apk files. Can you point me in the right direction?
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Thank you. I added a link to your post in the "Sucessful Apps on rooted NC" thread. Hopefully we'll get a sticky made out of that one and a couple of others.
Still no sticky??? Here's a do-it-yourself kit

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
kenm
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCG1 View Post
Wow thanks for the tip! I actually have quite a few books from fictionwise that work fine on my regular Book, but i'm too lazy to convert them to the NC.

I'm in Astro File Manager now though and i don't see where you can download apk files. Can you point me in the right direction?
My web browser put the file in /media/My Files/My Downloads/

I found it using the search feature of Astro and searched for .apk this may give you a lot of files but then just look for eReader_android_1.0.39.apk the 1.0.39 may be different on yours depending on version.
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
kenm
Enthusiast

Also, just for kicks I installed the Kindle app and it works fine also.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I have the FW and Kindle apps on my iPad, so I can read some of my older books. I do not love the FW interface, but I have no skill for stripping DRM. I have only been able to make it work one time, several years ago, and couldn't remember how I did it. Duh.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote