Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
mamie_me
mamie_me began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Unhappy charging issues

I received a Sony Reader PRS-505 for x-mas. had no problem with it until the other day. i scoured the internet last night and came up empty handed. ok, i plugged it into my computer to charge and a few hours later, i disconnected it. it said starting up.........

and so on for a minute. Then it went to the main menu, except it said there was no battery. so, i thought that there might have been a connection failure when i plugged it in the first time, so i charged it again, only to get the same result. then i found that it might be that the reader didn't have enough battery life to charge using the USB port on my computer. So, i used a wall charger, with the same result. frustrated, i scoured the internet again to find a solution. none. any help?
mamie_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Try a soft reset.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
oops, made a post without completely reading your problem so I edited it since it looks like you cant delete a post you make once its entered.

Last edited by Roy White; 01-18-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
mamie_me

i'll try that. thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
mamie_me

Smile update

ok, i got frustrated and called the number on my warranty sheet that came with my reader. they said that i can either see if it can be replaced by the store, or i can send it in and get it serviced. so, now im going to send it to my father so he can get it exchanged. he lives in California and bought for me for x-mas. i shall update later, when and if that problem is fixed. thnx for the suggestion about resetting it, but unfortunately, that did not work. i still appreciate the effort.