Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
jonthedit
Nameless Being

Post [Help] Need some information

Hello.

I haven't been to the Kindle scene in quite some time. I came here around the time when the K3 was considered the "new" kindle and all sorts of fancy stuff was coming out. That was before Amazon changed it's name to the Kindle Keyboard.

So to prevent me from elaborating, here's a list.

[Kindle Firmware/Model/JB Details]
-Kindle 3 Wi-Fi [Kindle Keyboard]
-Firmware 3.4
-developer.keystore.2012-01-14
-used 0.5.1 k3w to jailbreak
-has usbnetwork .35
-fonts 4.9
-screensavor .23
-Launchpad 0.0.1c

[Homebrew/Community Programs]
-K3CHess 0.1.6b-qt
-Kalculator 0.0.2
-kif-0.5
-KindleNote
-mplayer-0.2.0

Is there anything I should update/is available that I've missed in this past year?

Like a new combined developer keystore maybe?

Thanks!
- jonthedit
Old 06-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This belongs in the Developer's forum. Moved.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthedit View Post
Like a new combined developer keystore maybe?

Thanks!
- jonthedit
Yeah, we got one of those now.

The "easy find" directions:
Go to the KUAL sticky thread -
Find the "prerequisites" archive attached to the first post -
That archive has all of the current stuff in it (and is not KUAL specific).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
jonthedit
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yeah, we got one of those now.

The "easy find" directions:
Go to the KUAL sticky thread -
Find the "prerequisites" archive attached to the first post -
That archive has all of the current stuff in it (and is not KUAL specific).

I'm a little behind in the scene so I'm lost what a "KUAL" is. I found the thread you mentioned though. Thanks!

However now I've noticed my Kindle is acting funky.
(Speakers don't work, K3MusicManager and the normal Experimental Music Player won't work, Assistant Text-To-Speech is turning itself on randomly, etc)
I would like to do a true factory restore. (Meaning i wipe EVERYTHING off my kindle) This includes all hacks, files, etc. I basically want a clean install on my K3 keyboard.

How can I do this without bricking my device, and will my registration stay in tact? I'm not worried about data as I have it all backed up.

Edit: The speakers weren't working because my kindle had audio recording on for the past 2 months. No wonder I had no space left. *facepalm*

Last edited by jonthedit; 06-30-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthedit View Post
I'm a little behind in the scene so I'm lost what a "KUAL" is. I found the thread you mentioned though. Thanks!

However now I've noticed my Kindle is acting funky.
(Speakers don't work, K3MusicManager and the normal Experimental Music Player won't work, Assistant Text-To-Speech is turning itself on randomly, etc)
I would like to do a true factory restore. (Meaning i wipe EVERYTHING off my kindle) This includes all hacks, files, etc. I basically want a clean install on my K3 keyboard.

How can I do this without bricking my device, and will my registration stay in tact? I'm not worried about data as I have it all backed up.

Edit: The speakers weren't working because my kindle had audio recording on for the past 2 months. No wonder I had no space left. *facepalm*
Starting over with a clean install - sounds like a plan.

Sticky thread: Kubrick
Be certain your K3 has a full charge on the battery - it takes 2 to 3 hours to write the clean system image to the K3.

Kubrick does not touch the part of the storage system that has the device and owner specific information on it.

Nor does it touch the user's USB storage area - If you haven't cleared that of unwanted files, do that first (or after charging).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #6
jonthedit
Nameless Being

I realize this is old, but I figured why make a new thread.
Anything new since 2014?