Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 12:27 AM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
what versions will the ABBYY FineReader 11 "upgrade" actually upgrade from...

Please pardon the grammar in the title , and also please pardon if this has been answered elsewhere. I did search around a bit, but there are a lot of threads/posts which mention "ABBYY" and "FineReader" and "upgrade", and although I skimmed through them, I didn't find an answer to this question.

I have both an older (vers 5 or vers 6) full version of ABBYY FineReader and a relatively new ABBYY FineReader Express 9. I'm not sure the vers 5 or 6 will even run on my new Windows 7 system. I haven't used it in ages. I am using FineReader Express 9 right now, but am interested in upgrading to FineReader 10 or 11 with the "upgrade" version if that is possible - the "upgrade" costs significantly less than the "full" version.

Does anyone know what programs the "upgrade" is allowable from?

(I also looked around the ABBYY website, and even went so far as to put the upgrade in my cart, but it didn't say. And, I've also e-mailed to ask ABBYY. I don't know how good/quick their customer service is, but if/when they get back to me with an answer, I'll post here. )

Thanks in advance...

- Sue
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hello sufue

In the Abbyy website (http://buy.abbyy.com/content/frpro/default.aspx) it states that the eligible versions are:

- ABBYY FineReader 7.0 Professional/Corporate Edition,
- ABBYY FineReader 8.0 Professional/Corporate Edition,
- ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Professional/Corporate Edition,
- ABBYY FineReader 10 Professional/Corporate Edition,
- ABBYY FineReader Sprint 6.0, 9.0

Bets regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Hello sufue

In the Abbyy website (http://buy.abbyy.com/content/frpro/default.aspx) it states that the eligible versions are:

- ABBYY FineReader 7.0 Professional/Corporate Edition,
- ABBYY FineReader 8.0 Professional/Corporate Edition,
- ABBYY FineReader 9.0 Professional/Corporate Edition,
- ABBYY FineReader 10 Professional/Corporate Edition,
- ABBYY FineReader Sprint 6.0, 9.0

Bets regards,
Hi -

Thanks for the info, but when I click on that link, I don't see that list anywhere. The link just shows the ordinary shopping/product info page for FineReader 11. I even have (I think) clicked on just about every possible applicable link on that page, and I still don't see that info...

In the meantime, though, I did hear back from ABBYY directly, and their response indicates that I CAN upgrade, although they didn't tell me which of my two products - the full version I have of FineReader 5, or my FineReader 9 Express version - is allowing me to quality for the upgrade. So that's not too helpful for anyone else wanting to upgrade.

Hopefully the sales person knows what they are talking about and the upgrade will work.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:24 AM   #4
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hello

For the list try: http://finereader.abbyy.com/professional/, and click upgrade button on the right side (chack the screen image on this post).

Concerning the eligible version, should be your FineReader 9 Express (ABBYY FineReader Sprint 6.0, 9.0), as the full version can not (it begins on the version 7 and yours is the 5th).

Best regards,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	79350  
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote