Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-13-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
Wireless Connection

I'm sorry if I should have been able to find the answer to this - I'm new to Calibre and to e-Readers, so I feel as if I'm fumbling my way around a bit.

I'm using Calibre on Mac (Lion) and a Sony PRS-T1. Can my library be synced wirelessly, or do I need to use USB? If it's possible to do it wirelessly, I'd appreciate a pointer to some setup instructions if they exist.

Thanks to the developers for getting the T1 included in Calibre so quickly.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Calibre cannot sync wirelessly.

What you can do via Wireless is run the Calibre Content server on your Mac, and then use the browser on the PRS-T1 to access the Content Server and select booKs for download to the T1. As for the details on how to do that I cannot help - but it is what I do on my PRS-950 where it works well, and I am reasonably confident the T1 will be similar in this respect.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
Thank you. At least I won't waste my time trying to do something that doesn't work - and it's nice at least to be able to just add one or two books wirelessly once I get the initial setting up done.

If anyone else is doing this, "Sharing over the net" in Calibre preferences tells you what to use as the URL in the Sony browser (and I got the IP address for my computer from "Network" in the Mac’s System Preferences).

It worked first time, and brought up a list of my Calibre library, with the most recently added at the top, which is probably what you'd want.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote