Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #16
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
That also happends to me on the PB902....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
@rkomar
Yes, that is what I am talking about. If I connect to a PC I can see the notes folder and I can see the pages and segments of pages that I selected. However I can't see that folder on the device.
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
@rkomar
Yes, that is what I am talking about. If I connect to a PC I can see the notes folder and I can see the pages and segments of pages that I selected. However I can't see that folder on the device.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'see the folder'.

Do you mean that you can't see it when using the file browser in the library? I can't either, but I'm sure the browser ignores the notes directory on purpose (it also ignores the system directory and the versioninfo and poterm.ini files). I'm sure the library file browser has been tweaked to only show files it knows how to open, and to ignore those directories that shouldn't contain media or applications.

Perhaps you mean that notes taken using pdfviewer can't be used on the device? I agree that that is a bug that should be fixed.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #18
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
The notes taken with pdfviewer are saved to a notepad and go in the notes folder on the device, inside another folder with the name of the notepad as .bmp files, as well as a .html file which looks like a nice way to export the notes. Which of these files shouldn't the device be able to open? Why can't I see it when I go to the library file browser? Why don't I have access to it from notes in the menu?

I tried something else as well. I copied the notes folder on the SD card, and it appeared in the file browser. I thought that I found the solution, as I could see the folder with the name of the notepad, as well as the .html file twice, as it was once on the device and once on the SD card. So I selected the .html file, and to my surprise it opened it showing lines. No text, no images, but lines. Most of them horizontal, some at an angle.
Was anybody able to open .html files?
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:50 PM   #19
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't work for PocketBook, so I can only make guesses about the note taking problems. I suspect that note taking probably worked when pdfviewer was the only PDF viewer. AdobeViewer was added later to allow support of documents with ADE DRM. Note taking with AdobeViewer is different: the notes go into the system/config/Active Contents directory rather than the notes directory, and the format of the html notes files is also different. The Notes browsing application on the main page was probably changed to work with the new AdobeViewer notes format, thus breaking the pdfviewer notes functionality in that application. Hopefully, the note taking will be made consistent for both viewers in some future firmware release, but for now, you should only use AdobeViewer if you want to save and browse notes without headaches.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #20
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Thanks rkomar.

I'm still playing with it and I tried the notes function just to see how it works. And it is frustrating that it doesn't. I can see that it has potential to be very useful as I would prefer to have a notepad with the notes I take on different articles, rather than annotating every article, but as far as I can tell the scribble application doesn't work very well either, and it would be necessary for this to work.

I was asking if I am the only one who has this problem as I am waiting (im)patiently for the next firmware update.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:10 PM   #21
jlepetit
jlepetit began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 903
As anyone found how to solve the ghosting effect ? it can get really annoying sometimes (given the price of the device, that is...)
jlepetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #22
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlepetit View Post
As anyone found how to solve the ghosting effect ? it can get really annoying sometimes (given the price of the device, that is...)
Configuration->Appearance->Full page update->always (or some other choice).
Old 03-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #23
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Ghosting shows up when you skip the full page refresh, its a drawback of the e-ink screen.
It balancing act since a full page refresh (you'll notice when the whole screen flashes black) is a bit distracting and is more of a battery drain.
Now I've noticed that there is some optimization of the process done so at least when using the built in readers there is hardly any ghosting effects before you reach the 10 page turns my device is set to do a full page refresh at.
So if your device is set to disable all full page refreshes or if you're using an alternative reader it would result in a poorer reading experience.
Once the GiK finally release the SDK for the new devices it should at least solve the problem of using other readers.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:01 PM   #24
jlepetit
jlepetit began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook pro 903
I've done that, and it doesn't seem to solve the problem. The problem is really present when navigating through the folders, apps, and menus, and not that much when reading a text
jlepetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #25
distvan
distvan began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook903
hi,
I'm from hungary, and I have a pb903
I have a small problem...
I don't see hungarian keyboard in the configuration/keyboard menu.

I can't be looking for "ÁÉÚŰ" letters...

Last edited by distvan; 03-23-2011 at 03:17 AM.
distvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #26
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Istvan, I don't have an hungarian keyboard, too (european firmware 2.04). Has it been announced anywhere that you can use an hungarian keyboard?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #27
m@rcus
m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.m@rcus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903
You can create your own keyboard layout, like I did it. Here are 2 original keyboards - EN-DE.kbd and IT.kbd packed together in one file Original.zip and 2 new keyboards EN-SK.kbd and SK.kbd in New.zip.

You need to open .kbd in editor and change it like you want it to be. Just pay attention to 2 things:
1. In beginning of the file, before country code, are 3 unprintable characters (I see them in viewer but not in editor). They must remain there.
2. When there is :number after key, it means how long should be this key on keyboard. For example sp:4 means space long for 4 keys, ok:2 mean OK long for 2 keys.

After you have prepared your new keyboard layout, copy it to \system\language\keyboard\ and then you can choose it in Configuration -> Keyboard.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Original.zip (978 Bytes, 610 views)
File Type: zip New.zip (1,020 Bytes, 654 views)
m@rcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #28
distvan
distvan began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook903
m@rcus, tanks. allrigth.
I turned up, it's working.
distvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #29
PocketGoods
Banned
PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.PocketGoods is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: PB360
Just tried it
Works fine
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rcus View Post
You can create your own keyboard layout, like I did it. Here are 2 original keyboards - EN-DE.kbd and IT.kbd packed together in one file Original.zip and 2 new keyboards EN-SK.kbd and SK.kbd in New.zip.

You need to open .kbd in editor and change it like you want it to be. Just pay attention to 2 things:
1. In beginning of the file, before country code, are 3 unprintable characters (I see them in viewer but not in editor). They must remain there.
2. When there is :number after key, it means how long should be this key on keyboard. For example sp:4 means space long for 4 keys, ok:2 mean OK long for 2 keys.

After you have prepared your new keyboard layout, copy it to \system\language\keyboard\ and then you can choose it in Configuration -> Keyboard.
PocketGoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #30
Dimitko
Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Pocketbook 626 Touch Lux 2
Thank you from a 626 Touch Lux 2 owner!

@m@rcus, Thank you sir, you've made my day!
I've got the 626 (Touch Lux 2), which has some fancy *.extkbd files in that directory. However creating such modified extkbd file did not do it for me.
By using your templates I've managed to create a bulgarian phonetic keyboard layout working along with the original pocketbook ones.

Thank you and best of luck!
Attached Files
File Type: zip BP.kbd.zip (486 Bytes, 222 views)
Dimitko is offline   Reply With Quote