Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #46
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraD View Post
I'm sorry - that sounds like a really not very fun position to be in. Especially since all the Pocketbook reps who post here are so good at answering questions for people and anticipating what will be asked next. I rarely post here because what I want to know is usually already available.
There are only a couple of real PocketBook reps on this forum (not dealers, but people who are employed by PocketBook). But there are many folks who answer questions based on unconfirmed sources/rumors which in some cases appear to be true but in some others not.
I personally prefer to answer questions when I am 100% sure that the information is checked and not just a speculation about a subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraD View Post
Hopefully the information will be available early instead of on time.
I hope too
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #47
Dawgmatix
Dawgmatix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Might be an obvious question but..

Whats the difference between the 903 and the 903 pro. Also the 902 and 902 pro. After seeing the response times for the scribbling with the touch screen in the video I think its unlikely I want to spend extra for the 903 to get touch. Is there any other difference apart from touch screen between the 902 and the 903 ?
Dawgmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 PM   #48
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgmatix View Post
Whats the difference between the 903 and the 903 pro. Also the 902 and 902 pro. After seeing the response times for the scribbling with the touch screen in the video I think its unlikely I want to spend extra for the 903 to get touch. Is there any other difference apart from touch screen between the 902 and the 903 ?
The 903 (and 603) sport 3G modules. But it's true that they need to really improve the response speed.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #49
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
there is no "non Pro". 602 and 902 have wifi and bluetooth. 603 and 903 add 3g and pen touch/input.

the speed of the digitizing for the pen in the video is a function of not optomized beta code. it will be as fast as any other wacom-type pen input eink devices (hanvon/onyx/samsung) when delivered
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 12:17 AM   #50
Dawgmatix
Dawgmatix began at the beginning.

Thanks for the clarifications

Thanks for pointing the facts out. I wish there was more information about the devices, their availability, launch date and price.
Dawgmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #51
sam5154
sam5154 began at the beginning.

can anybody make a guess about the price of 903? i Hope it won't be as axpensive as iRex Dr1000. as a PDF junkie, I really need a 10" e-ink.
sam5154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #52
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle DX graphite
For prices we all must wait for the "Frankfurt Book Fair 2010" 06.10.2010-10.10.2010.
http://www.buchmesse.de/en/fbf/index.html

Pocketbook say it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywRQV218vsA
at 29:18 someone ask the same.
Passepartout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:04 AM   #53
Passepartout
Addict
Passepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-booksPassepartout has learned how to read e-books

Found this today (google translate):
http://translate.google.de/translate...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8
Old 09-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #54
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
I think some videos like the ones brought in the German forum will be useful. SaraD will be thrilled with the first video, minute 3:00 and forward.
Yes, indeed! Thank you, Logseman. The scene you noted of the back coming off and seeing the replaceable battery was great. The old laptop we keep in our kitchen for basic web surfing and watching DVDs while our toddler plays failed again and was rebuilt last week. For the moment You Tube videos won't work on it so I had to sneek back to the desktop for a few minutes at a time and until today I couldn't watch the full videos.

Still it will be helpful when full official spec sheets come out. I have a Excel sheet where I'm copying information primarily from the MobileRead e-book reader matrix along with my opinions of various featrues to help weigh the pros and cons of the models I am seriously considering and for the moment there is nothing for the 602/603 models or the 902. What is there for the 903 is very early information. For a while I was trying to add information on the 6 inch Pocketbook models as I read through threads and watched video clips and I actually did get quite a bit of information filled in. I didn't mean to come accross as criticizing anything or anyone here, but not getting the last bits is a bit frustrating. The silly thing is that none of the models I'm interested in are truly available for purchase until late September at best. I need to dredge up a little more of the patience I am using up on my 13 month old little boy who is learning to walk much to my cats' dismay and they need extra patience and comfort as they deal with the change.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #55
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A spec sheet has been published in a German site. I'm attaching an abridged translation of the table here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip New Pocketbooks comparison.xls.zip (2.0 KB, 214 views)
Old 09-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #56
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
here is Charbax's new video of the writing - they chanced the firmware since his original video adn you can see this version writes much quicker.

Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #57
Passepartout
Addict

Thanks found a new 603/903 too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7GwJgvqxYk
Old 09-07-2010, 05:41 AM   #58
Logseman
Orisa

Listen to the last bit of the video: "Larger one... can be something about 350 Euro". Now where is the pre-order button?????????
Old 09-07-2010, 06:36 AM   #59
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passepartout View Post
url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7GwJgvqxYk[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Listen to the last bit of the video: "Larger one... can be something about 350 Euro". Now where is the pre-order button?????????
I would swear that at 5:55 the interviewer asked "How much is the larger one being sold for in Euro?" and our dear Anatoli Loucher (or was it our dear Yaroslav?) mumbled something like: "In Euro, it's gonna be something like 350"
Now, the question is, what device was he talking about? 902 or 903? Never mind, the Frankfurt Book fair is in about 4 weeks (28 days, 19 hours and 25 minutes at the moment) and we will learn more then and there. Unless, that is some contracted fancy news agency makes another unintended leak before that ;-)
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:14 AM   #60
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I am soo tempted. I wish that Pocketbook were for sale here. ( Hint: riidoo distributes e-readers)
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook 602, pocketbook 902, pocketbook iq, pocketbook new models, pocketbook reader