Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
creationx
creationx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Downloading?

Hello,

I'm a newbie. Just got a Sony Reader for my birthday and am excited to start using it.
The question I have is: can I download any article or do I have to subscribe to a publication to download it?

Thanks
creationx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
mikij
Connoisseur
mikij doesn't littermikij doesn't litter

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by creationx View Post
Hello,

I'm a newbie. Just got a Sony Reader for my birthday and am excited to start using it.
The question I have is: can I download any article or do I have to subscribe to a publication to download it?

Thanks
It depends.

Some sources are free and for some you have to subscribe.

If you use Caliber instead of Sony Reader Library,you can download a lot of free articles form various newspapers.
mikij is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
creationx

I Googled Caliber and couldn't get it. I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
It's spelt "calibre".
Try this link: http://calibre-ebook.com/
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:49 AM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
It's spelt "calibre".
Try this link: http://calibre-ebook.com/
And we really do need to get started on that fund drive to buy it an upper-case "C"!

The support form for calibre is right down the board from this one. You'll find all sorts of information, help, and random teasing of Kovid there.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2010, 04:39 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your new company, Creationx. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:09 AM   #7
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
And we really do need to get started on that fund drive to buy it an upper-case "C"!
lower case rules...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
The support form for calibre is right down the board from this one. You'll find all sorts of information, help, and random teasing of Kovid there.
Mighty Kovid must be venerated!
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #8
mikij
Connoisseur
mikij doesn't littermikij doesn't litter

Device: PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by creationx View Post
I Googled Caliber and couldn't get it. I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
Typo, sorry!
mikij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
creationx

I found Calibre and it looks great. Looks like what I needed.
Thanks for all the replies.