Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-15-2009, 05:14 PM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Choosing the most readable font on the PP

Those of us who have been forced into modifying epubs to get a nice readable font, are faced with a choice. I tried many before I was completely happy.

Here's a nice informative article of the subject
http://www.webaim.org/techniques/fonts/

In the end, I have chosen a sans-serif font called Calibri that I found in my Windows installation. I wonder if this is the one Cailibre uses/installed?

Here's the css I added via calibre (based on the thread here about what works for Sony).

Code:
@font-face {
  font-family: "Constantia";
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: normal;
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/CALIBRI.TTF);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  font-style: normal;
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/CALIBRIB.TTF);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: normal;
  font-style: italic;
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/CALIBRII.TTF);
}
@font-face {
  font-weight: bold;
  font-style: italic;
  src: url(res:///abook/fonts/CALIBRIZ.TTF);
}

body { font-family: "Constantia", serif;}

Have you chosen a favourite font? Which font do you think works best on the eInk screen?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote