Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
Judi Moore
Judi Moore began at the beginning.

Device: none
.doc to .epub

A potential reviewer wants to read my book on .epub. I am trying to use Calibre to convert one of the files on my computer which I used to Kindle the book. It would be simple, I suspect, if I could take it off my own Kindle reader, but I don't have one. Calibre, however, doesn't seem to recognise .doc or .htm files and doesn't want to look for any files other than cover files on my computer.

Is there any way to do what I need to do with Calibre, please?

Judi
Judi Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
DOC is not a supported format, however, HTML files should work fine. How are you adding the file? Also, if you have access to a non-DRMed Kindle file, Calibre can convert from that, as well. If nothing works, you might want to try saving as RTF in Word and converting from that.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi Moore View Post
A potential reviewer wants to read my book on .epub. I am trying to use Calibre to convert one of the files on my computer which I used to Kindle the book. It would be simple, I suspect, if I could take it off my own Kindle reader, but I don't have one. Calibre, however, doesn't seem to recognise .doc or .htm files and doesn't want to look for any files other than cover files on my computer.

Is there any way to do what I need to do with Calibre, please?

Judi
Open Office, Writer2EPUB plugin (2 forums down) works great, you don't need Calibre for the conversion step, just add the EPUB into the 'formats' section of the meta-data browser if you already have the DOC format saved.

You need to spend $$$$$=0 for Open Office (I believe the name is changed to Libre)
Then you need to spend more $$$=0 for the plug-in
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote