Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 03:18 AM   #1
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Sale at Sony Style Dec. 12-18 (Ended)

For those that missed the sale last month, here is another chance. Sony Style has the following readers on sale Dec. 12-18:

PRS-350 $149.99

PRS-650 $199.99

PRS-950 $249.99

Source: A Sony flyer in the weekend paper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SonySale.JPG
Views:	433
Size:	928.3 KB
ID:	62707  

Last edited by Ken401; 12-18-2010 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Attach scan of ad.
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Thanks!

I got mine a week ago for $270 even though I figured another sale was on its way; now I plan to call them up again and get a refund for the last $20.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 04:58 AM   #3
ruel
ruel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Is this deal for Canada too?
ruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
not sure when the sale will start...it will be great for those looking to save $$$

PRS-950 is still $299 at sonystyle.com as of 7:47AM CST 12/12

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...eroDailyReader
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

They are on sale for $249 at Best Buy again as well.
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenstate View Post
not sure when the sale will start...it will be great for those looking to save $$$

PRS-950 is still $299 at sonystyle.com as of 7:47AM CST 12/12

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...eroDailyReader
It looks like they're updating them one by one. The Pocket Edition is now at its sale price but the other two haven't been updated yet.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #7
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Huh, nice. I'm a little surprised, I bet they're going to have a lot of annoyed customers who bought in that two-week no sale period.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #8
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I'm sure that the "sale" prices will become permanent sooner rather than later. The list prices are unrealistically high in today's market.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:08 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
Huh, nice. I'm a little surprised, I bet they're going to have a lot of annoyed customers who bought in that two-week no sale period.
Most retailers will refund the difference as long as it was purchased within the last 15 days or so. I'm not sure about Sony, but they probably will too. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask--and be persistent if necessary.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #10
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
I'm sure that the "sale" prices will become permanent sooner rather than later. The list prices are unrealistically high in today's market.
Unrealistically high with no WiFi in two models. What happens after the holiday shopping season is over. The enthusiasts will have purchased theirs already. Gift giving is over. I can only imagine what they'll be going for this summer. I'll wait. Would be nice to pick up a 950 for $199.

Last edited by SCION; 12-12-2010 at 01:15 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
You can get the 950 from Best Buy today for $225.

Use the 10% coupon that expires tomorrow. To get it, text OFFER to 332211
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #12
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
what does the coupon say? I don't have access to that number
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #13
coolbreeze
Addict
coolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with otherscoolbreeze plays well with others

Device: Nook Color, White 3G K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
what does the coupon say? I don't have access to that number
Link to coupon (printable)

It doesn't specifically say "eReaders" are eligible, but I just used it last night to buy a PRS-350. It didn't work when scanned, so I brought the manager over and asked them to honor it. He hesitated, then said "ok, we'll do it."

It also helped that I reminded him that this coupon is what brought me in and it's very frustrating that they are becoming so hard to use (terms and conditions, exclusions, fine print, etc, etc, etc). I told him there are FAR too many places to buy stuff from nowadays (...Amazon, etc) and if I have to jump through hoops, I'll just never come back to Best Buy. Really, it's simple.

He understood my frustration and rang up the 10%.

So, it may not be as easy as walking in, buying it, walking out, but for the price, it's worth the gamble.
coolbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #14
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Link to coupon (printable)

It doesn't specifically say "eReaders" are eligible, but I just used it last night to buy a PRS-350. It didn't work when scanned, so I brought the manager over and asked them to honor it. He hesitated, then said "ok, we'll do it."

It also helped that I reminded him that this coupon is what brought me in and it's very frustrating that they are becoming so hard to use (terms and conditions, exclusions, fine print, etc, etc, etc). I told him there are FAR too many places to buy stuff from nowadays (...Amazon, etc) and if I have to jump through hoops, I'll just never come back to Best Buy. Really, it's simple.

He understood my frustration and rang up the 10%.

So, it may not be as easy as walking in, buying it, walking out, but for the price, it's worth the gamble.
Coupons list of eligibles:
Quote:
• graphics cards, sound cards and PC components • blank media • ink • paper
What is the display made of?

Last edited by jessie102; 12-12-2010 at 01:58 PM.
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:10 PM   #15
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Unrealistically high with no WiFi in two models. What happens after the holiday shopping season is over. The enthusiasts will have purchased theirs already. Gift giving is over. I can only imagine what they'll be going for this summer. I'll wait. Would be nice to pick up a 950 for $199.
You missed the B&H offering. Even though it will be almost a month from the time I ordered to when I will receive my PRS-950 (ordered on Nov 14th and schedule to be delivered on Dec 13th), I feel it worth it at that price. I way overpaid for the PRS-900 and tried not to make the same mistake.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote