Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Anyone Seen Screenshots of PW Settings Screens

I've been looking around to see if any of the "hands-on" looks at the PW bothered to peek into the settings menu. So far, I've had no luck. Has anyone else seen this?
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
EltaninPub
Nameless Being

Seriously - it would have been the first thing I would have looked at, if I got to do a hands-on, but no one did! I'm also keeping an eye out for the user guide, which would answer a lot of questions, but no dice yet.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by EltaninPub View Post
Seriously - it would have been the first thing I would have looked at, if I got to do a hands-on, but no one did! I'm also keeping an eye out for the user guide, which would answer a lot of questions, but no dice yet.
They always drag their feet on posting the User Guide. It isn't like it is top secret anymore!

As for the hands on, those are mostly done by non-Kindle people who wouldn't know a Settings Menu if it crawled up their backside and called them Momma!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Almost all the reviews I've seen so far of this generation of readers have really just been discussions of the specs--I've seen few that suggested they actually touched a real device.
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
Almost all the reviews I've seen so far of this generation of readers have really just been discussions of the specs--I've seen few that suggested they actually touched a real device.
There were a few that were shot during the hands on, but I think they were highly limited on the time they could have with the new Kindle, and most of those people aren't really Kindle knowledgeable.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The K5 with 5.1.2 firmware contains support for the PW (including the higher screen resolution), so it will probably have the same settings menu. Some of the advertised PW features can be activated on the K5 just by editing some configuration settings.

EDIT: Here is one example (Reading Timer):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190843

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-19-2012 at 03:09 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
The K5 with 5.1.2 firmware contains support for the PW (including the higher screen resolution), so it will probably have the same settings menu. Some of the advertised PW features can be activated on the K5 just by editing some configuration settings.

EDIT: Here is one example (Reading Timer):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=190843
Nice - thanks for that
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Glad to see I'm not the only one itching to have a look at the Settings menu (Well, technically, the Device Info popup, but, still ^^).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote