Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #196
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
But i would think a 336 page book wouldn't be reduced to 251 pages considering the comparable size of the screen versus a hardback page...most larger books that i've read normally end up having more pages via ebook format.
The screen size & font size are irrelevant when it comes to determining pages in an ebook. It uses a standardized format as previously explained. It does not go by the size of the screen of the particular device you're reading the book on. That would be utterly confusing.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #197
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
The screen size & font size are irrelevant when it comes to determining pages in an ebook. It uses a standardized format as previously explained. It does not go by the size of the screen of the particular device you're reading the book on. That would be utterly confusing.
well i've seen some books (not sure of the format) where i change the font size and the number of pages it shows decreases or increases depending (just the page numbers itself of course the content doesn't change). Probably making it sound more confusing than it is...
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #198
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
But i would think a 336 page book wouldn't be reduced to 251 pages considering the comparable size of the screen versus a hardback page...most larger books that i've read normally end up having more pages via ebook format.
Once again, the size of an epub 'page' has NO relation to the screen size of the device the book is being read on. It's a standard 1024 characters.

Since hard-back books do not have a standard number of characters per page (it varies by font size and type, as well as the size of the paper used), you shouldn't expect there to be any correlation between a paper book and an ebook.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #199
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
ah, i figured it out..tnx for the input...the way it used to work (or the way i remember and i've used so many devices i'm guessing it was the sony reader) as the font increased or decreased the page numbers would go up or down (800 page book normal font goes to 1500 page book). I see now that as the font increases on the sony reader it may be 9 of 251 for several 'page turns' depending on the size of the font or how much screen space is taken up. Just some confusion on my part.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #200
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
received my T1 reader yesterday and I'm liking it a great deal.

I've read on the T1 both inside and out as well as with and without the light and have not noticed any distraction from the glossy frame.

Text is very clear in all of the environments I've read in so far.

Page turns are fast and less distracting than the Nook Touch.

I've been flipping between the Sony Software and Calibre (beta support at this time)

Side loaded 400 books to a sd card, Library support is cool.

I'll be away this weekend so I plan to use it extensively. more later.
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #201
azxswq
Connoisseur
azxswq began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1 Black, T2 Black
Can't wait, bought the black one in BestBuy, probably keeping it to my self.

Can't believe that this is the first purchase in years that I have bought from BestBuy. (Still waiting on the red for the wife.)

Love everything about it, the size, weight, NO GLARE!... would LOVE a English-Chinese, Chinese-to-Chinese dictionary support. But hey, got enough to read as it is...

Last edited by azxswq; 10-08-2011 at 07:45 AM.
azxswq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1