Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 01:19 PM   #1
iStealth
iStealth began at the beginning.

Device: LBOOK
SGF viewer for GO/Baduk/Weiqi lovers

I thought someone might be interested in replaying GO games in SGF format on his/her V3. For that one has to flash the device with this V3update.bin and put the sgf files on the SD card, adding to the extension .sgf ".prc", so the filenames would be "bla_bla.sgf.prc"

The modified firmware can be found here

http://www.savefile.com/files/1852720

The whole thing looks like this

Also with the modified software epub-, hmtl- and chm files are handled with FBReader which displays them much better that the original plugins.

Last edited by iStealth; 10-22-2008 at 05:04 PM.
iStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
That is great, we need to figure out how to get this sort of thing in the standard product so you don't have to redo the firmware every week just to get a new application to run and then burn it to yet another for some other application. You should be able to just plug in an SD card and it would work or perhaps even better to load the application in memory.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
iStealth

It is possible to make a version of this viewer that has to be placed on the SD card and then has to be run from the bookshelf but it would take some more time. On the other hand, no modifications are necessary if the hanlin developers provide support for user defined extensions on the bookshelf, but I'm not sure that it will happen soon. So, the best way to solve those annoying problems is to switch to OI
Old 10-26-2008, 02:10 AM   #4
rjh
Connoisseur
rjh doesn't litterrjh doesn't litter

Device: TungstenT3 Nokia770 BeBook
What firmware is this based on? I'm currently using Lunohod's last release with FBreader, based on lbook firmware V1.26U.080603 and I'm very happy with this, is your release based on the same firmware?

Thanks.
rjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #5
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
What firmware is this based on? I'm currently using Lunohod's last release with FBreader, based on lbook firmware V1.26U.080603 and I'm very happy with this, is your release based on the same firmware?

Thanks.
This one supports Mobipocket, so it's probably based on 2.00, or possibly on 1.26-20080816.

Last edited by AlfonsVH; 10-26-2008 at 08:59 AM.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2008, 10:05 AM   #6
iStealth

This is the Lunohod-like firmware with the same FBReader, but based on Hanlin/BeBOOK EN2.00 firmware, which also has the latest beta of Coolreader. So, it contains the newest plugins which are available up to this day and the extensions are assigned as follows:

HTML -> FBreader
CHM -> FBreader
FB2 -> Coolreader
EPUB -> FBreader
TXT -> Coolreader
RTF -> Coolreader

The rest ( pdf, djvu, etc. ) are left without any changes.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #7
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Thanks, iStealth. I haven't found a firmware mod to match Lunohod's v1.26 until now (I prefer FBReader). I had even modified my ui.xml file for Lunohod's firmware, to get the font and margins I like, and that ui.xml file works perfectly with your version of the firmware.

Question: what is the purpose of the scripts "prc2mobi.exe.txt" and "prc2sfg.exe.txt"?
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:06 AM   #8
iStealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Question: what is the purpose of the scripts "prc2mobi.exe.txt" and "prc2sfg.exe.txt"?
You are welcome.

As I mentioned, that SGFViewer works instead of the mobipocket reader. So, the files with .prc extension are opened with SGFViewer. If you do not want that and want the mobipocket reader back (the one with the DRM support) then you can run prc2mobi.exe.txt and the .prc extension will be reassigned to the mobipocket. If you want SGFViewer back, run prc2sfg.exe.txt and you'll have that. Such inconvenience is caused by the inability to have support for .sgf files in the hanlin's bookshelf.

There are also scripts there that reassign txt, rtf and fb2 extension to either FBReader or Coolreader (as you probably noticed).
Old 10-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
iStealth

Here is another version of this plugin

http://rapidshare.de/files/40774354/sgfviewer.zip.html

it has its own bookshelf and can be used from the SD card, without that modified firmware. One has to unpack the archive to the SD card and go to directory "/java" and open book SGFViewer.exe.fb2, then select the folder with .sgf files and open one of them.

It works on Hanlin firmware (EN2.00) and all versions of that modified firmware. It also works on bebook's firmware but if you can see those annoying moving "arrows" when you open fb2 files, then those arrows will annoy you also in that SGFViewer (probably it will be solved in the future).
Old 10-28-2008, 06:09 AM   #10
Banintz
Banintz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Hi ¡

As a very bad but willing go player I am very interested on this software but I dont have a Hanlin but a sony 505. ¿Do i have any chance that it works?

Thx in advance
Banintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:27 AM   #11
iStealth

No, this version won't work with SONY. Probably there will be such a viewer when the OI firmware is available also for PRS-505.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #12
Banintz
Banintz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
it is a pity. For life and death problems could be really good.

I will keep an eye for future developments for the sony.

Thx for your help.
Banintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:45 AM   #13
bozon42
Enthusiast
bozon42 began at the beginning.

Device: Lbook V3
Go on Lbook V3 needed

Hello all,

can somebody tell me from where I can download all files needed for running Go on Lbook V3?
Which version of firmware is needed?
Thanks and regards,

bozon42
bozon42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #14
Maere
Maere began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook/Hanlin
Hello, I own a BeBook and happen to be a go player as well. I'm very interested in this sgf reader. Unfortunatelw, the post is a little old and the links are broken. Is it possible to get this download somewhere else? Was the sgf reader included in one of the FW in the end?
Maere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maere View Post
Is it possible to get this download somewhere else? Was the sgf reader included in one of the FW in the end?
Please look at this ftp site:
ftp://195.149.108.143/
Almost every released V3 firmware (both official and unofficial) is there. I think you need to look at iStealth folder.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote