Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Securing Book Failed message

I decided to give my eBookwise to my mother. So I started transferring some titles over (from the eBookwise server via USB). Most of the titles transferred over, but with one, I got a message that said "Securing book failed. perhaps the key stored on the bookshelf did not match the content." I tried again and got the same message.

Does anyone know what this message means? I've never seen it before.

She'll have enough to keep her busy for a while, so even if that book is lost in the ether, she'll be OK. Still, it's annoying.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Was the ebook in question a purchased title or a "free download" from the default ebooks in your Online Bookshelf (aka ETI Server)?

It could be that that ebook was secured (with DRM) to a "User ID" that is different from the User ID of your "transferred" device.

If your ebooks were purchased from www.ebookwise.com, any ebook that was secured would have been encrypted to your eBookwise 1150's internal serial number as well as your User ID and thus would only be allowed to be read on that device. If you change your User ID, you should be able to transfer your previous www.ebookwise.com purchases by contacting customer support and explaining your situation.

They will adjust (once) your Online Bookshelf to be tied to your new User ID so that your purchases can still be read (as long as you've kept your www.ebookwise.com Login ID).

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-10-2010 at 10:24 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Ohhh, I know what might have happened. I had to send my original eBookwise in for service, and they replaced it with a new unit. (Once it was out of warranty, you would pay about $50 for service, and then they would give you a new unit.) Maybe some of the books don't work because of the changed IDs. (Most of them do load, though.)
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:26 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
If this is why then they should let you redownload the book with the new id. contact ebookwise and explain what happened.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #5
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Maybe some of the books don't work because of the changed IDs.
That's exactly the reason!

I once bought a used REB1200 and the "freely available" .imp ebooks provided by Gemstar/ETI had another units encrypted User ID and those ebooks on the external card would not load using my User ID. No loss though since they were "free" ones, but it's the same idea.

If the ebooks were encrypted using a different User ID (even using the same eBookwise 1150/REB 1200), then they will not open if they were "secure" .imp ebooks. Isn't DRM "wonderful" ; albeit in this case you are allowed to migrate your purchases to your new User ID (once), so it's not as restrictive and thus tolerable!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert