Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #31
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I know people have deal breakers, the ability to set line height etc. is just not mine. It would have been had not Kobo (with the WiFi version) improved the kepub formatting or if I could not make adjustments via Calibre.

Blossom, who posts here, has said that the Nook limits the amount of non-B&N content you can have. I don't know if that is just for the internal memory, or if there is this same sort of limit in terms of access to books on the SD cards as well. Now this would be a concern for me, since we Canadians can't buy from the B&N store. It might be worth checking this out.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #32
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I know people have deal breakers, the ability to set line height etc. is just not mine. It would have been had not Kobo (with the WiFi version) improved the kepub formatting or if I could not make adjustments via Calibre.

Blossom, who posts here, has said that the Nook limits the amount of non-B&N content you can have. I don't know if that is just for the internal memory, or if there is this same sort of limit in terms of access to books on the SD cards as well. Now this would be a concern for me, since we Canadians can't buy from the B&N store. It might be worth checking this out.
If it's like with the Nook Color they re-arranged the internal storage so that 4GB is available for B&N content and 1GB for sideloaded stuff. Apparently they did this because of their DRM scheme and the new app store.

Expansion storage, uSD is not affected.

I don't know if they did the same sort of thing to the Nook Touch or not though, although IF they have it'd seem to indicate to me that they're likely planning apps for the Nook Touch as well, using the same DRM scheme as the Nook Color and the B&N app store.
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert