Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur
sherbearjt08 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
I have CM7 on sd card. I have questions.

OK, I did it. I wanted to see how this worked so I could make full use of my tablet in the next 3 weeks while I make sure I prefer this over my Sony (going to read in the sun at a ball game tonight - before game I should say)

So now what?

I turn off nook, book to sd and I have a weird phone layout. Is there a way to get all apps on same screen? How about a new themed home screen that is easier to navigate.

What else should I do now to make this more user friendly. Feel free to send me to instructions.

Also, I booted once to the sdcard and it said - now ready to power off.

Last edited by sherbearjt08; 06-08-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Change
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
There's a little button on the bottom of the home screen that looks like 4 squares. Touch that, and it will take you to the screen where all your apps live.

I use two home screens, one has all my useful, every day apps like the market and Out of Milk, the other has all my games. The ones I don't use often stay on the main app screen.

I don't know about themes, but I have a cool aquarium live wallpaper. I love to feed the fish!
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
CM7 uses the ADW Launcher, so if you search the market for "ADW themes," you'll find stuff. To add different things to your home screen, long-press anywhere on the homescreen, and you'll get choices for changing wallpaper, adding widgets (like time and weather), shortcuts to apps or browser bookmarks, and other stuff. The easiest way to add apps to different homescreens is to open the app drawer with that four-white-squares icon, press-and-hold the app you want to add, and drag it to where you want it.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote