Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #1
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Toshiba Libretto

Just have been checking out Toshiba Libretto.
I've made excellent experiences with Toshiba notebooks in the past.
And I'm eagerly looking for any kind of alternative to iPad (which is absolutely fine. But I "need" a new gadget).
Libretto's dual screen did seem very interesting from what I've found in the web.

But I'm passing this one.
Looking at my library of gadgets, this means a lot.
It simply wasn't appealing at all for me.
It's surprisingly bulky.
I'd basically hoped for "2 iPads, stitched together".
But actually it's just your average notebook. Instead of the keyboard you've got the second screen.
Given the relatively small screens, it simply feels unbalanced.

iPad = 13,4mm
Libretto = 31mm
This really looks like 2 iPads, but it doesn't "feel" that way.
Probably because it's way smaller.
And it's not as "flat" as iPad. You've got bumpers at the bottom for example.
Doesn't make too much sense when you hold it in your hands like a "real book".
I didn't even check the UI. I simply didn't like anything at all about it.
Way bigger disappointment than Dell Streak.
So far, I haven't found any real alternative to iPad.
I guess I'll have to wait for Samsung Galaxy (although I haven't got the best experience with Samsung products)...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
My apologies for reviving an old thread, but did anyone buy a Toshiba Libretto.

Still expensive with a $200 price reduction but I would appreciate any input from someone with hands-on experience.

Thanks.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Who or what is this form?

An even more ill-conceived product than the Kno
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote