Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
mobileread.com/mobileread.mobi

I read this forum on my desktop PC. Sometimes when I receive an email notification of a new reply in a thread I'm following, the link is to mobileread.mobi instead of mobileread.com and it looks like something that's intended to be read on a cellphone, not a desktop computer. I have to change the URL to see the thread how I like it and then find the latest post. Is there some way I can set it in my profile to get all notifications correctly?
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
I read this forum on my desktop PC. Sometimes when I receive an email notification of a new reply in a thread I'm following, the link is to mobileread.mobi instead of mobileread.com and it looks like something that's intended to be read on a cellphone, not a desktop computer. I have to change the URL to see the thread how I like it and then find the latest post. Is there some way I can set it in my profile to get all notifications correctly?
I don't think there is anything you can do in your profile. I think it is an idiosyncrasy (bug) in the notification system software, such that if the person who replies to a topic you're subscribed to replies using the mobile website, the notification includes the link to the mobile website.

It's something that has been around for quite a while, so I am not sure how easy it is to fix, or if a fix exists.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
I don't have a fix for that, but you could read the thread from your user control panel (link User CP in the blue bar on top, or https://www.mobileread.com/forums/usercp.php) instead of following the e-mail link. It shows you all subscribed threads with unread posts, and you can go directly to the last unread post from there.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I'll try going through my CP next time, but I don't suppose it would be any quicker than editing the URL from the notification and going to "first unread".
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:41 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
I'll try going through my CP next time, but I don't suppose it would be any quicker than editing the URL from the notification and going to "first unread".
No, I don't think it is if you have only one notification, but you can see all your unread subscribed thread from there. Anyway, it's a matter of personal preference I guess. I have disabled e-mail notifications and I only go through the user CP.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert