Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
Sony PRS-T1 ... hates microSD?

I got my reader today. It's all charged up, I've set up my wireless, my ADE, looked at the Reader Store on the device. Updated the software. Put my sd card (which has all my books loaded) onto the device. Fired it up and....

If I read something off the microSD card, I get a "Content Manager" error. It doesn't show the sd book on the Continue Reading section. If I read something that's on the device itself it will appear in the Continue Reading section.

I'm going to try and reformat the sd card and see if it will behave. Reset doesn't seem to help.

Anyone else having this issue?
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
What brand and size? If you reformat, then I think the manual suggests to use the reformat option in the settings menus of the T1 rather than via your computer.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Reformat on computer, to wipe off everything and start fresh. Then format the card again in the T1 so it can set the card up the way it wants.

If that still doesn't work, put the card in a couple of other devices, that will tell you if you have a bad card or not.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
YAY! I fixed it. First I copied all the files off the sd card and put them on my desktop. Because I noticed on the SD Card that there were 2 Sony Reader folders, one called Sony Reader and one called Sony_Reader. They essentially had the same files but the database was a little different in the folders.

Then with the SD card in the new reader I went to Settings->Initialization->Format Memory->SD Card. Once it reformatted the sd card, I plugged the reader to my pc and saw that it created a Sony_Reader folder. So I dragged all the files (except for the database folder from the other Sony Reader folder) off my computer desktop to the Sony_Reader folder on the sd card. Ejected the reader from the PC. Let the reader sync the new files. This took a little while since I have about 200 books on the sd card. Then I picked a random book off the sd card to read, then pressed the home key.

NO MORE CONTENT MANAGER ERRORS! WOOT!

The card is a 1GB Transend micro SD. I don't see the Class written on it, I would have to find its original larger sd adapter. I've got bunches of those and I mix and match often.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:27 AM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
That's good news! Thanks for reporting your fix. Maybe it will help someone else in the future.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert