Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #16
kibje
from BooxUsers
kibje began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
I have to make a very sad announcement.

After several days working with a few friends who are much more knowledgable in linux then I am I have to conclude that all old information should be considered lost.

It is possible that with a lot of effort some of the posts might be recoverable from what is left of the original mysql tables, and I might be willing to give that a try later. (In that magical moment when I actually have time)
For now, I am setting up a meaner and leaner forum on the old location, which we will be able to use for up-to-date information.

I still have hope booxusers will rise like a phoenix from the flames.
kibje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #17
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
lunohod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #18
kibje
from BooxUsers

277 user accounts have been restored and 1100 forum posts have been restored from a may 2010 backup and are now in a locked archive subsection.

I can't locate the backup I made in august 2011 when the board structure was revised. Tomorrow I have a day of work and will spend some time creating a new structure for the board.

Oldtimers will have a chance to become board administrators and have a larger impact on the destiny of the forum that way.

Hope to have more news soon, Kib

Last edited by kibje; 01-12-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #19
SilverBear
ἄρκτος ὁ Μέγας
SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.SilverBear can grok the meaning of the universe.

Thanks for the update!
May The Force be with you.
SilverBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:31 AM   #20
kibje
from BooxUsers

Booxusers.com is back up and running.
I changed the setup of the different categories and we can start filling it back up with information.

A better (read: working) backup plan is in the make.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #21
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Nice one kib.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #22
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
Booxusers.com is again down
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #23
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has been for over a week. Kib did say to me that he was considering taking it down as there was simply not enough traffic. I guess that is what has happened.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #24
kibje
from BooxUsers

Thumbs up

Upgrade gone bad corrupted the grub. Took me a while before I had time to fix it.
Back online now.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:27 AM   #25
Stormchild
Evangelist

Excellent

:-)
Old 02-12-2013, 12:16 AM   #26
AZdave
Enthusiast
AZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheeseAZdave can extract oil from cheese

Device: Samsung Stratosphere (coolreader), BeBook Neo,EBookman
Thanks Kib.
AZdave is offline   Reply With Quote