Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
what time format does your kindle show?

I ask because I first asked Amazon support on how to change the time since it is about 2h off in my Kindle (so far the only reply is like "will ask tech"). I also asked them how to change the time format since it shows 12h-format. I prefer 24h and would like to change to that. The reply I got was that the Kindle can't show 12h and only shows 24h...

EDIT:
I found the network status page and noticed that it gets no local information from the network and probably newer has. Amazon probably assumes networks sends out this information.

Last edited by Jonas777; 10-25-2009 at 06:06 AM. Reason: new info
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
geneven
Member Retired
geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N800, N810, Kindle 2
My Kindle 2 displays time in 12-hour format, specifying AM or PM. There probably isn't a way to change to 24-hour format unless you go beyond what is provided for by Amazon.

As far as the time being off, I had that problem today. I reset my Kindle to the factory settings and discovered that it was way off on time. When I went on-line to shop in the Kindle store, the time corrected itself.

I would guess that the Kindle checks your address information to calculate what zone you are in, then automatically corrects the time using Internet data. So, if you are two hours off, I would look at what Amazon thinks your address is.

Last edited by geneven; 10-25-2009 at 09:44 AM.
geneven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Mine shows the correct time in the UK, and correctly adjusted for the end of "summer time" last weekend.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote