Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
samadam
samadam began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T1
PRS-T1 stuck off and unresponsive...but no serial to return

So, my rooted prs-t1 won't turn on. Tried charging, but it's unresponsive to my anything once charged. Ignores button presses and computer connection.

Contacted support, who wanted $30 to replace it. But they needed the serial number, which isn't listed on the outside of the reader (or, it was and I removed the sticker maybe).

So I decided to open it up and take a look. Got the back off. There's the serial number sticker (maybe)! But there's got to be a way to reset it.

Any ideas? Or is it just trash now?
samadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
kjohn73
kjohn73 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kjohn73 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kjohn73 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kjohn73 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 505, PRS T1
This might sound dumb, but have you tried the little RESET button at the bottom end left?
kjohn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #3
samadam
samadam began at the beginning.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohn73 View Post
This might sound dumb, but have you tried the little RESET button at the bottom end left?
I made a support forum error by not listing what steps I had taken to solve the problem.
I have searched online extensively, but found only one instance of this.
I have tried all sorts of reset techniques, including the unbridled file-on-sd method, but to no success.
I am an EE grad student, so am looking for a way to reset the device, and however Sony might.
samadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by samadam View Post
I am an EE grad student, so am looking for a way to reset the device, and however Sony might.

Not once they see you opened the unit up they won't!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote