Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Sharlene
Sharlene began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question How to load books???

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to load pre-bought books onto my kobo desktop software or my app for my android phone?

I know how to load them onto a device with sideloading, but if i don't have a physical kobo device, am i even able to read non-kobo bought books on it?

Thanks for your help.
Sharlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
No unfortunately, you can't associate sideloaded (or third party) books to your Kobo account (which is essentially what you're wanting to do)... Doesn't work as neatly as for instance with the Kindle.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlene View Post
Hello everyone,

Is there a way to load pre-bought books onto my kobo desktop software or my app for my android phone?

I know how to load them onto a device with sideloading, but if i don't have a physical kobo device, am i even able to read non-kobo bought books on it?

Thanks for your help.
You'll need a separate reader app such as Aldiko or Mantano on your phone for your sideloaded books. Of course you can also read your Kobo books on these if you have downloaded the epub version onto your PC from your web account using Adobe Digital Editions (ADE). They can then be loaded into the app from your computer.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote