Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-01-2023, 06:13 PM   #31
TWHanson1
Enthusiast
TWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: PC
Thanks so much for the reply Karma. What happens if I try to transfer an expired book from Calibre to my Kindle?
TWHanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:22 PM   #32
modified
Connoisseur
modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: PW5
The book once imported into calibre is like any other book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWHanson1 View Post
Thanks so much for the reply Karma. What happens if I try to transfer an expired book from Calibre to my Kindle?
modified is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2023, 10:22 AM   #33
modified
Connoisseur
modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

New Test Version

2023-08-02 - 15042cd

- New: Cards tab that provides a summary of card usage/limits
- Various minor UI tweaks

Download
Old 08-05-2023, 12:53 AM   #34
modified
Connoisseur

New Test Version

2023-08-02 - 7fc49ba

- New: Search tab that provides basic search across up to 24 of your linked libraries

Download

Old 08-06-2023, 04:53 PM   #35
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi!

I love this plugin, but I always get Kindle Books, is there anyway of maybe pointing it to an empty book or something. The Overdrive App has it's own "id's" for synced books. I know you aren't really familiar with it, but maybe a title/author match? I don't know but being able to match a Calibre book with a book in the plugin so I am able to keep track of them via the plugin? It would be so nice to be able to do that. I don't use any other format than Kindle. At Least being able to create a long and being able to update the checkout/hold status of books? I feel like Kindle readers are being left out of this plugin.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2023, 08:28 PM   #36
modified
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Hi!

I love this plugin, but I always get Kindle Books, is there anyway of maybe pointing it to an empty book or something. The Overdrive App has it's own "id's" for synced books. I know you aren't really familiar with it, but maybe a title/author match? I don't know but being able to match a Calibre book with a book in the plugin so I am able to keep track of them via the plugin? It would be so nice to be able to do that. I don't use any other format than Kindle. At Least being able to create a long and being able to update the checkout/hold status of books? I feel like Kindle readers are being left out of this plugin.
@Rellwood

Part of why this plugin exists is because I own an eInk Kindle and since my library is not a US library, I can't send loans directly to the Kindle. Hopefully that explains why the plugin works the way it is currently.

I'm still not quite sure what you want specifically. But here's what the plugin does/doesn't do for Kindle books at the moment:

(Just to be clear, I'm using "Kindle book loan(s)" below to refer to the ones that you've *sent* to the Kindle.)

1. Kindle book loans cannot be downloaded. This is a restriction by OverDrive/Libby. Once you've sent the loan to a Kindle, you can't download it afaik. Internally, Libby considers these loans as "format-locked" to the Kindle and will not allow acsm/epub downloads.
2. Kindle book loans are not listed in the Loans tab. This is because the plugin can't download a Kindle book loan. The plugin does know details about these loans.
3. In the Holds tab, only eBook holds with downloadable formats are listed. Holds are not format-locked until you actually borrow and do a download/read in Libby/send to Kindle. So if a title has both EPUB and Kindle formats, they will be shown in Holds. Only titles that are Kindle or Libby exclusives will not be listed.
4. Kindle/Libby-exclusive titles and audiobooks are not returned in search.

So which parts of the above do you hope to have changed? And in what way?

Last edited by modified; 08-11-2023 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Fix clarification
Old 08-10-2023, 02:29 PM   #37
TWHanson1
Enthusiast
TWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Only one of my 6 checked-out library books displays with the tab set to "loans" As far as I can tell, I checked out all 6 by the same procedure in Libby. When I hit "Refresh" I get a brief message saying "Synced 6 loans". What other info do you need from me? What could my problem be?
Old 08-10-2023, 08:28 PM   #38
modified
Connoisseur

Quote:
Only one of my 6 checked-out library books displays with the tab set to "loans" As far as I can tell, I checked out all 6 by the same procedure in Libby. When I hit "Refresh" I get a brief message saying "Synced 6 loans". What other info do you need from me? What could my problem be?
Loans don't appear if:

1. The title is already in your calibre library and the "Hide titles already in library" is checked
2. You are reading the loan with a Kindle
3. The loan is not an ebook/magazine, or is not available as an epub/pdf

If none of the above applies, you can send me via PM, the plugin logs generated after you restart calibre in debug mode, so that I can take a closer look.
Old 08-10-2023, 08:38 PM   #39
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by modified View Post
The plugin does not auto return your loans, nor does it remove anything from your calibre library. It's your responsibility to remove the book when your loan expires.
When a library book that is on my kobo expires, it doesn't disappear from the kobo. I just can't read it anymore (if I try, it says expired...) But if I renew it, then the kobo updates, and it remembers where I left off.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 12:37 PM   #40
TWHanson1
Enthusiast

Thanks for you reply.
This one could apply to me: 2. "You are reading the loan with a Kindle"
Are you saying that, if I remove the book from my Kindle, then I should be able to copy it? How would I do that?

Last edited by TWHanson1; 08-11-2023 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-11-2023, 06:52 PM   #41
modified
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks for you reply.
This one could apply to me: 2. "You are reading the loan with a Kindle"
Are you saying that, if I remove the book from my Kindle, then I should be able to copy it? How would I do that?
Libby does not allow users to read a loan on a Kindle and still download the title as an acsm/epub.

If you chose to read with a Kindle, the loan will not be available for download (the loan is locked to the Kindle format). Similarly, if you chose to download the acsm/epub, the loan becomes locked to the acsm/epub format and will not be available for reading on a Kindle.

In your situation, because the loan is already "format-locked" to the Kindle, it cannot be downloaded anymore. Removing the current loan from Kindle will not make a difference.

The only way to download the loan with the plugin is to return and re-borrow the title. This will format-lock the loan to the epub format and you cannot read it on the Kindle without returning and borrowing again.

The next test version will have an option to see Kindle loans and create an empty book from the loan. That is meant for people who just want an empty book for tracking their reading in calibre.
Old 08-11-2023, 08:09 PM   #42
modified
Connoisseur

New Test Version

2023-08-12 - a9218ce
- New: If "Include titles without downloadable formats" is enabled at setup, titles that do not have a downloadable format will be shown (i.e. Kindle, audiobook loans). Also, when such a title is chosen for download, the plugin will now create an empty book.
- New: Read with Kindle option is available for loans that are available as Kindle books and not already format-locked to epub
- New: Custom columns to store borrowed/due dates, and loan type (calibre>=5.35.0)

Download
Old 08-12-2023, 02:26 AM   #43
TWHanson1
Enthusiast

Thanks Modified.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:17 AM   #44
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thanks
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 12:51 PM   #45
TWHanson1
Enthusiast

Thanks for all the help. HERE'S WHAT I CAN DO NOW:
From my computer, I can download an Overdrive library book using Adobe ADE, into My Digital Editions folder. It then appears on my Kindle Libby app which I can read until my loan expires. I can also load it into Calibre using Add Books, then I can read it on my Calibre reader (View).

HERE'S WHAT I CAN'T DO:
I cannot find a way to move my copy of the book from Calibre to Kindle after my loan expires. When I try to email it to Kindle from Calibre, it generates a "job" which times- out after 3 minutes. Seems like I should be able to do this. Does Kindle have a memory of my borrowing and returning it from my Libby app?