Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Anybody else experiencing very frequent crashes?

Hi! I'm using Calibre 0.6.42 on Ubuntu Linux 10.04 64 bit (I'm a little behind on version number because I downloaded the software out of the repository). Calibre is crashing extremely frequently, normally while I am in the middle of editing metadata. I get no warning before it happens and no error message afterwards. The window and panel icon just vanish. This also happen every time that I try to convert more than two books at a time or so. Any suggestions?
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunixer View Post
Hi! I'm using Calibre 0.6.42 on Ubuntu Linux 10.04 64 bit (I'm a little behind on version number because I downloaded the software out of the repository). Calibre is crashing extremely frequently, normally while I am in the middle of editing metadata. I get no warning before it happens and no error message afterwards. The window and panel icon just vanish. This also happen every time that I try to convert more than two books at a time or so. Any suggestions?
Kovid tells anyone having problems with repository versions to uninstall calibre and re-install calibre via the binary install outlined here.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Kovid tells anyone having problems with repository versions to uninstall calibre and re-install calibre via the binary install outlined here.
Oh good, thanks. Seems to work a lot better. But the interface change might take a little while to get used to.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote