Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Can I have a Tag that doesn't translate to a category?

Problem: I want to be able to easily download different portions of my library to multiple Sony's in our household.
Original Solution: Used individual tags for everyone. This meant that each Sony has categories of everyone's names which I don't like. Is there a way to create a Tag that doesn't show as a Category? That would be my favorite choice.
Possibly New Solution: I just saw the comments field that might work to let me select which books to download. I don't like it as much as Tags because I can't make easy global changes. For some reason I change my tagging methodolgy with some frequency. My other problem would be converting from my user Tags to comments. I have my extensive library all currently Tagged and I have spent a lot of time download summaries for nearly all my books. Is there a programatic way (easy please) where, based on a tag, I can insert a comment at the front of all existing comments?

Any other recommendations? Thanks..................Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Problem: I want to be able to easily download different portions of my library to multiple Sony's in our household.

Original Solution: Used individual tags for everyone. This meant that each Sony has categories of everyone's names which I don't like. Is there a way to create a Tag that doesn't show as a Category? That would be my favorite choice.

Any other recommendations?
If your aren't married to the idea of knowing the publisher then this would be the ideal field to use for Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter, etc...

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-21-2010 at 08:13 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 05:13 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you're talking about Categories in catalogs, use tags like this:
Code:
[Mom]
[Dad]
[Son]
[Daughter]
The catalog builder ignores tags wrapped in brackets (assuming you haven't changed the default settings). When you want to download a particular subset of the library for [Son], search for
Code:
tag:[Son]
which will display only the books tagged with [Son]. You can now download that subset to a connected device, and build a catalog with only those titles included. Because the tag is wrapped in brackets, it won't be included as a Genre.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Collections generated form tags on the reader itself are all or nothing. Sending books to Sony devies does not yet support [] to ignore a tag being made into a collection.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:08 AM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Add my voice to the people wishing it did.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
The next release will support ignoring tags within [] when generating collections on the PRS line of readers.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:47 AM   #7
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Yay!
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote