Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-28-2006, 05:16 AM   #1
dister
dister began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Hello from Germany

Hello all!

My name is Dirk from Germany. I'm 34 years, working for a software/hardware company developing security products (web security, firewalls, etc...).

For several years now I'm using a Sony TH-55 PDA (had a Rex 6000 before). I really like reading e-books (using mainly the Mobipocket reader) but would prefer a bigger display. Reading PDFs on a PDA is horrible, even if the Picsel Viewer is pretty fast the scrolling is not a good solution.

I'm looking forward to the iLiad from iRex Technologies (as Sony will not release the Sony Reader in Europe anytime soon), but find it too expensive and not mature enough yet to buy it as an early adopter for such a high price. For 600 Euros I would rather wait or spend a little bit more and buy an Origami PC when they come out, as they are more versatile.
dister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:18 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Guten Tag, Dirk. Welcome on-board and enjoy the party!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Hello dister .. and welcome!

I'm with you there. Few years back (2001), I spent around US$800 on a 17" LCD ... but its been awhile since I find myself on the cutting edge or early-adopter edge. So the higher price for iLiad's initial release would be a stopper for me too, and like you, I'm considering an Origami as well.
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote