Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: howmuch time do you spend reading?
I don't read, or very seldom (like once a month..(or so...) 1 2.22%
<5min. / day, or <25min / week 1 2.22%
<10min. /day, or <1 hour / week 0 0%
<30min. / day, or <3 hours / week 3 6.67%
<1hour / day, or <6 hours / week 4 8.89%
<2hours / day, or <10 hours / week 11 24.44%
<3hours / day, or <15 hours / week 7 15.56%
<4hours / day, or <20 hours / week 7 15.56%
>4hours / day, or >20 hours / week 9 20.00%
>8 hours / day, or >40 hours / week 2 4.44%
>24 hours / day, or >170 hours / week (err..?) 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Howmuch free timeyou got?

okay, everyone got the same amounts of hours a day.
Most people have some time taken for sleeping (about 7-8hours a day)
time for eating(about 1 hour a day)
work:8
travel to work:1,5
hygiene/getting dressed: 0,5 - 1,5 hours
leisure & entertainment: 1-3hours
work in the house: 1-2hours
time with family: 1-2 hours

with some variety in between from person to person.

How do you divide your time?

In the poll I put how much time you have per day reading (newspaper, magazine, ebooks, online news/feeds...).
Online browsing,forums or interactive programs excluded

Last edited by ProDigit; 01-30-2009 at 11:32 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Seldomy???

New word? Or typo??
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
I'm not sure what to put, since I multi-task with audio books.
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Oops.I thought there were more maniacs around here. I stand corrected. (I'm the one with the 4 hours a day)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
It completely depends, usually on what I'm doing on the weekend.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Since I consider my time on Mobileread 'reading", I ciicked '4 hrs'..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Seldomy???

New word? Or typo??
Ok, could be corrected as Sodomy or Seldom.
Choose your pick
Old 01-31-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
I selected more then 4 Hours, as I usually spend at least avcouple of hours everyday catching up on news, new developments etc. and go through a rotating list of websites (think 150 at last count) which I check on a weekly or monthly basis.

So adding that to the hour or two I spend reading on weekdays and 3-4 hours o weekends, it comes to a little over four to five hours on average, with a larger share on weekends, holidays & sick days

If I started counting all the time I spend on mobileread, etc. I'll probably have to increase it by a couple of hours..
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I've been a firm believer that there aren't enough hours in a day for years now. As it is, I seem to spend most of my life when I'm not sleeping or at work reading. If it's not textbooks, it's novels, if it isn't one of those, it's online news. My poor husband is afraid if I ever get my hands on an ebook reader that he'll never get it OUT of my hands to do anything else.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #10
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Sorry Double Post
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:55 PM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The numbers in the poll don't make sense, unless you're only counting Monday-Friday?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 03:46 PM   #12
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
work == read, write, read, write, repeat
non-work == read, eat, fun /if she agrees/, sleep /if she does not agree/

total == 10 - 12 hours a day of reading per work day, more on the weekends unless she agrees
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:03 PM   #13
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The numbers in the poll don't make sense, unless you're only counting Monday-Friday?
Yes,I counted 5 day weeks.
For many it's very hard to predict how their weekends or days off go.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:06 PM   #14
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Damn I just finished my 16th book for the month. My New Years goal was to read ten a month.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
ProDigit
Karmaniac

funny how some people write more than 40hours a week!
That's like you read more than going to work!
(Or perhaps reading IS your work)...

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-03-2009 at 10:46 AM.